Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

I have a funny feeling this isn't going to be the major awards player everyone thinks it is. Nothing about that trailer particular stands out. I could easily see a scenario where it gets mixed reviews. It's always hard for a director to follow up an awards favorite with another film of the same caliber just a year later. 

• Like 1

I have a funny feeling this isn't going to be the major awards player everyone thinks it is. Nothing about that trailer particular stands out. I could easily see a scenario where it gets mixed reviews. It's always hard for a director to follow up an awards favorite with another film of the same caliber just a year later. 

Its not a funny feeling its probably true 

I mean I really think that this is 'just good' at best 

At least I see actual dialogue not people just shouting over each other so I'm up for it 

• Like 1

One of the more interestingly cut trailers I've seen in a while. They seem to be selling the film not on plot but big character moments performed by A-list stars. Couldn't be more excited but I imagine Wolf of Wall Street will push it out of its wide expansion on Christmas (I'm just thinking something's gotta give right now).

Christ, I didn't realise Bale put on that much of a belly (assuming it's real). Diabetes here we come!

Certainly a weird trailer - after the first one I think shedding a bit more light on the story would have been ok - but they're clearly more interested in mood than plot. I get the impression it'll be quite a slight film, but early word is that it's fun which is all I'm after for this.

• Like 1