Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

• Founder / Operator

SAG and GG nominations are going to be of tremendous help and I am very confident in my $125k PTA prediction. The lack of screens because of The Hobbit opening is probably the only thing that can stop it from posting a really insane PTA.

Not to mention Saving Mr. Banks also opening in limited release. Different target audiences overall, but for now, they're both aiming for that awards-savvy crowd in their platform markets.

Not that I am complaining and I'm sure it will be heavenly to watch but it sounds so  :rolleyes:

It's played for humour more than anything.

Jennifer walks away laughing manically after she kisses Amy. The crowd laughed.

No jokes?!  The gifs are going to be everywhere.

There are SO many scenes (especially Jennifer scenes) that will be great gifs.

Tomato Watch:

American Hustle

Reviews: 42
Fresh/Rotten: 37 Fresh / 2 Rotten -
96% Fresh / 4% Rotten
Average Rating: 7.9 / 10

Cream of the Crop
Reviews: 10
Fresh/Rotten: 9 Fresh / 1 Rotten
90% Fresh / 10% Rotten
Average Rating: 7.7 / 10

General Consensus:

Riotously funny and impeccably cast,
American Hustle compensates for its flaws with unbridled energy and some of David O.
Russell's most irrepressibly vibrant direction.

Users

Reviews: -
-% Fresh / -% Rotten
Average Rating: - / 5

On the rise

Not that I am complaining and I'm sure it will be heavenly to watch but it sounds so  :rolleyes:

It's not. It works.

It's not sexy or romantic... it's aggressive and violent and poisonous. It's Jennifer Lawrence's character giving one last "fuck you" to Amy Adams, it's nothing more than a way for Rosalyn to upset and disturb someone who's just tried (and succeeded) to hurt her. Taken out of context, "Amy and Jennifer kiss!" sounds pervy, but it's not played that way. It's a great moment. Jennifer nailed the entire scene, from the crying beforehand to the building menace and anger, to the maniacal cackle immediately afterwards.

Make no mistake, this is a messy film. It really is. I predict the tomatometer to go down a lot, I'll be surprised if it finished above 90%. But it WORKS. It's entertaining, it's funny, it's heartbreaking. The performance are out of this world amazing. JLaw and Bradley were the two MVPs and I really hope Bradley gets a nomination because he is out of control. Watching Louis CK play the straight man to Bradley's insane OTTness is truly a joy to watch.

Jennifer killed it. She really did. I was expecting a "Tiffany" type character based on the released clips, but Rosalyn is a much more vulnerable and weak character. You think she's going to be this ballsy firecracker, and of course she has those moments, but underneath it all she's a scared and sheltered little girl who lacks the social skills and life experience to be independent. Christian Bale is less of a husband to her and more of a security blanket, and THAT'S why she doesn't want to let him go. It's expected that Jennifer will nail the loud yelling scenes, but it's the quieter moments where we see how deeply Rosalyn is afraid of life that she REALLY knocks out of the park, and it's those moments that are going to guarantee her a third Oscar nod.

8/10. Loved it.

• Like 2

1990-born JLaw gets her 3rd individual film nom before any 80s-born actors (I believe). Showing up not only her generation but her (slightly) older peers too. SAG wise.

“The only thing I was good at was being a mess when I was her age."

— Amy Adams on Jennifer Lawrence’s talent

Your signature, are both scenes from American Hustle?