Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

film appears to be a classic. well done david o. russell. will surely get some oscar recognition.

re jlaw i dont think any noms this year. her role is too small in this.

Actually, Lupita Nyong'o for 12 Years a Slave and Jennifer Lawrence are locks [if such a thing exists] for a nomination for Supporting at the Oscars. And I'm almost positive one of them is taking the Oscar. Lawrence already has SAG and GG nominations, two of the 3 big ones before the Oscars, BAFTA is still unknown [Nyong'o also has them] + both of them have racked like 80%+ of all Critics awards announced till now for the category.

Some friends want to see Anchorman tomorrow.. I'd rather see this. Gah.

I feel bad for JLaw. She seemed really upset talking about fame on the Barbara Walters show last night. Not the typical "can't leave my house" stuff although there was some of that, but she said she feels like a zoo animal because people don't make eye contact with her as though she is a normal person anymore. Everyone's got the same mystified look in their eyes when they talk to her and she just wants to be any other person.

• Like 1

Some friends want to see Anchorman tomorrow.. I'd rather see this. Gah.

I feel bad for JLaw. She seemed really upset talking about fame on the Barbara Walters show last night. Not the typical "can't leave my house" stuff although there was some of that, but she said she feels like a zoo animal because people don't make eye contact with her as though she is a normal person anymore. Everyone's got the same mystified look in their eyes when they talk to her and she just wants to be any other person.

LOL Poor her.

• Like 5

She had maintained her normalcy for so long, but she's saying some really odd stuff lately.

Calling someone fat should now be illegal or something?

I think people are expecting goofy interviews from her so she's trying to live up to that.  The butt-plug thing on Conan was funny and got her a lot of buzz but I highly doubt it's a true story.

film appears to be a classic. well done david o. russell. will surely get some oscar recognition.

re jlaw i dont think any noms this year. her role is too small in this.

Jlaw is the best thing about the movie. Guaranteed 3rd Oscar nomination. 

Jlaw is the best thing about the movie. Guaranteed 3rd Oscar nomination. 

cool. the film is doing gr8. still think 12YAS will sweep, incl. best supporting. that film 12 YAS is a significant cut above this film at 9.0 av rating for a drama(schindler's list level)

She had maintained her normalcy for so long, but she's saying some really odd stuff lately.

Calling someone fat should now be illegal or something?

I highly doubt she was being literal when she said that....

I'm a bit over her complaining about her fame all the time though. I understand it would be hard and isolating for her, but she should have the perspective to realise that the general public isn't going to have much sympathy for a rich successful young actress who is adored by so many people. She used to be able to acknowledge that, she used to talk about how she knows she won't be relevant forever and how she hates actors complaining... and now she's turning into an actor who complains. It's a bit disappointing.

Edited by candycane
  • Like 1

wolf is also good, opens xmas day

epic 3hrs

I'm excited for it (I will probably see Banks before it comes out) and then I need to go and see Inside Llewyn Davis, I want to get at least those 3 movies in pretty quickly because I want to make my top 10 list (I'm thinking about doing a top 20 this year). (And it isn't fair to do my top 10 list without seeing the Scorsese and Coen Bros films)

I'm thinking about for my blog doing multiple lists like, top 5 villains, top 10 surprises, etc. to buy me a bit of time for Inside Llewyn Davis to open in a theater a little closer to my home. (the closest one is over 30 miles away)

I highly doubt she was being literal when she said that....I'm a bit over her complaining about her fame all the time though. I understand it would be hard and isolating for her, but she should have the perspective to realise that the general public isn't going to have much sympathy for a rich successful young actress who is adored by so many people. She used to be able to acknowledge that, she used to talk about how she knows she won't be relevant forever and how she hates actors complaining... and now she's turning into an actor who complains. It's a bit disappointing.

She wasn't complaining about anything. I believe Barbara asked her a question that spawned the answer about how people don't look at her as a normal person when they talk to her and that just bothers her a bit because to her that's what she is. It was hardly her complaining. She also doesn't ask for sympathy from anyone.
  • Like 1