Neo

American Hustle (12.20.13) NEW TRAILER PAGE 35

How Much of American Hustle Actually Happened?

ah its an interesting take

will see how it goes for me

from the trailers it seems like hilarious fun but not much substance

The one crazy thing I remember about the real Abscam was seeing congressmen and a senator taking wads of cash from the fake sheikh and stuffing the money in their pockets. They were taking tens of thousands of dollars in bribes, on hidden camera, and jamming so much of it into their pants that it was literally exploding out. These guys went insane with greed like pigs at a trough. I was a kid watching these tapes; it was surreal, but after Watergate nobody doubted that's how Washington did business. 

Did the bizarre pants-stuffing scene make it into the film? They missed a classic, true-to-life scene of over-the-top greed if it didn't.

AH is alright. It has the same basic plot & premise as THREE KINGS: con men & hustlers who find their hearts and redeem themselves at the end. The whole Jennifer Lawrence sub-plot didn't happen in real life. Lawrence is impressive as a skanky wife but you can feel the role is bloated. I was shocked to see the demure & righteous Katniss becomes such a train-wreck of nerves & rage

• Like 1

Yeah I was really.... not moved by American Hustle. But the acting is good. And it's doing stellar box office, so...

Bradley Cooper is having a ball though. When he is mocking his strait-laced supervisor (even when the poor guy is in his presence), laughing it up with his crew, he is perfectly cast as a good looking douche bag. 

^ Cooper's being underrated in this film. I was never much of a fan but between this and his performance in Pines he's really taken advantage of his Hangover clout.

I still can't be bothered to watch Silver Linings, though.

Silver Linings is a really good movie.  American Hustle is okay, great performances, but just don't like the story. 

• Like 1