129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Give me a break, people insult others in this forum all the time with bad insults and mocking gifs or whatever and it doesn't get any further . Yet my opinion of the people that cried over this piece of trash stings and creates emotions . About this movie, because of its success and the "drama" it creates ,yes my opinion is extremely strong , this is a movie for hollow people to cry over because it doesn't deserve crying over .

"missing", "kill the messenger" , "state of siege" .....even mainstream stuff like "the mask" and "the perfect storm " have waaaaayyyyy better stories and reasons to cry over something , to feel something . Titanic is a cynical movie that was calculated way before release , to make women cry and drag their husbands/boyfriends e.t.c with them . This was the end of Cameron as a director for me, since avatar follows a similar formula in a different genre .

Oh and why should I feel empathy for people on a forum about movies, does anyone have cancer or something ? Hell it wouldn't be an issue if Baumer didn't bring it in his pseudo insulting reply . (about me being more of a man blahblablah )

1) I agree with you. We all (including myself) insult others for their opinions on this forum often (although I would argue that the mocking GIFs you speak of are meant to be jokes, as opposed to insults). However, I don't see how this is a good thing or why it gives you the right to insult others for their opinions on films. We should strive to do better. We'll fail (I do all the time) but we should still attempt not to just hurl insults at people because they disagree with us.

2) You still haven't justified your opinion on Titanic in any meaningful way. You call the film "cynical" and "calculated" without giving any reasons for doing so. You say the film "doesn't deserve crying over," without explaining why that is. A simple discussion about the film's plot would actually be good evidence for these statements (see RLM's review) but you choose to instead assert such claims without any evidence. The same is true for your comparisons. Why is "The Perfect Storm" a better film to cry over than "Titanic?" What makes the latter "cynical" and "calculated" and make the former more worthy of our tears? You can say these things, but without evidence, who cares? I feel Titanic is a more worthy film than Citizen Kane (note: I really don't). There, I said it. But does that make my opinion worth anything? What proof have I given?

3) I hope you understand that empathy is actually feeling for people even when they don't have cancer/some terrible illness. Empathy's the exact opposite of what you are describing. But anyways, when I brought up empathy, what I was merely saying was that you should try to understand other people's opinions on a film instead of dismissing those people as "inferior" or "hollow." You don't have to agree with those opinions, but just recognize the worth in them.

I won't write an essay on titanic, everybody knows the plot, characters e.t.c . I hate everything about it , is that good enough ? Why ? Just because it is a low quality melodrama aimed at the mainstream . I don't see many IMDB like reviews here from people that like it anyway .

I won't write an essay on titanic, everybody knows the plot, characters e.t.c . I hate everything about it , is that good enough ? Why ? Just because it is a low quality melodrama aimed at the mainstream . I don't see many IMDB like reviews here from people that like it anyway .

If you're going to call people "hollow" for their opinion, then you should write an essay. Others who loved/hated it don't need to because (for the most part) they aren't outright asserting that their opinions are the RIGHT opinion on the film. Since you feel the need to, you might as well back it up. Plus, your evidence would actually be nicer than all of the ranting/rambling you've been doing so far.

If you're going to call people "hollow" for their opinion, then you should write an essay. Others who loved/hated it don't need to because (for the most part) they aren't outright asserting that their opinions are the RIGHT opinion on the film. Since you feel the need to, you might as well back it up. Plus, your evidence would actually be nicer than all of the ranting/rambling you've been doing so far.

Just let it go.  He hates it and that's fine.  I don't like his sanctimonious crap either but if that's what some have to do to express themselves, then so be it. 

So much tension, so much stress, so much sweat.

That s not good for you.

Be careful with your health, you only live once.

• Like 1

Titanic is a cynical movie that was calculated way before release , to make women cry and drag their husbands/boyfriends e.t.c with them.

Boy I've seen some a lot of creative nay-saying about Titanic these years, but this comment is really top notch.

• Like 5

Give me a break, people insult others in this forum all the time with bad insults and mocking gifs or whatever and it doesn't get any further . Yet my opinion of the people that cried over this piece of trash stings and creates emotions . About this movie, because of its success and the "drama" it creates ,yes my opinion is extremely strong , this is a movie for hollow people to cry over because it doesn't deserve crying over .

"missing", "kill the messenger" , "state of siege" .....even mainstream stuff like "the mask" and "the perfect storm " have waaaaayyyyy better stories and reasons to cry over something , to feel something . Titanic is a cynical movie that was calculated way before release , to make women cry and drag their husbands/boyfriends e.t.c with them . This was the end of Cameron as a director for me, since avatar follows a similar formula in a different genre .

Oh and why should I feel empathy for people on a forum about movies, does anyone have cancer or something ? Hell it wouldn't be an issue if Baumer didn't bring it in his pseudo insulting reply . (about me being more of a man blahblablah )

How many times have people that like something like transformers been mocked in this forum and not just them but anybody who likes these movies ? Do I really need to start searching posts ? Yet titanic is this masterpiece that we must all bow to and keep silent about its audience and esp. those who cry over that piece of crap ?

embedded_mark_wahlberg_chill_out_gif.gif

• Like 1

Actually my first post in this thread was a small paragraph, just like in any review thread so there was no rumbling on my part . Small and to the point . It was the replies that brought my responses, though now I regret getting into this fight that goes back and forth with no meanining . It's one of the reasons I , almost, never reply to personal criticism on the internet .

How many times have people that like something like transformers been mocked in this forum and not just them but anybody who likes these movies ? Do I really need to start searching posts ? Yet titanic is this masterpiece that we must all bow to and keep silent about its audience and esp. those who cry over that piece of crap ?

The husbands/boyfriends cried too :ph34r:

• Like 2

Titanic is EVERYTHING. Some may say whatever they want on it, but the fact the movie manages to capture the audience enough to actually care about it(regardles if that's a positive or a negative opinion on the film itself) after fricking 17 years must tell sth. I myself can't help but watch it every time it airs on tv even though i saw it soooo many times before that i somewhat learned most of the lines by heart. There is just sth about Titanic that transcends and keeps the audience engaged.
Truly one of the best examples of modern cinema hands down.

• Like 1

The thing about Titanic is it's not dated at all.  I'm watching it now and it's still pretty much just as thrilling now as it was in 97.  It's a true genius of a movie with one of the best stories ever told.  

• Like 8

The thing about Titanic is it's not dated at all.  I'm watching it now and it's still pretty much just as thrilling now as it was in 97.  It's a true genius of a movie with one of the best stories ever told.  

yep I saw it during the re-release and it still was good.  I also have it on blu ray, of course, but I wanted to see it again on the big screen since it was such a huge set of experiences when it was first released for me

• Like 1

Btw... the 3D version of this looked stunning. Better than many movies shot in 3D.

not entirely agree, but I didn't care at the time since I got to see it again with the same person I saw it with so many times previously :)

• Like 1