129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Greatest film of all time, without a single doubt in my mind. An utter classic that will live for the ages. The storytelling is just unbelievably captivating. I've seen this film countless times and I can never get bored of it. Also, best music in a film, period. The most moving soundtrack I've ever heard in my life.A+

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2

Almost everything about this film is just perfect, especially from the iceberg on. I don't have many problems with the love story, but some of the dialogue could have done with a rewrite or two. In particular the scene when they're in the gym.

Otherwise, utterly perfect, A

Technically it's a great film, storywise it's a little iffy for me. I'm not big on romance in movies. And the scene where Billy Zane is shooting at the them while the ship is sinking is laughable. Still I give it a B

B+. There are no doubt impressive aspects to it but it's overrated IMO.

Maybe it was overrated back in the day with a gazilion oscars and fans going crazy about it like it's the BEST.MOVIE.EVAHHH. But the years that followed it was continiously trashed from a vocal minority (mostly guys) because of the titanic/leo mania that followed and annoyed pretty much everyone. It's no accident the (low for a movie this loved) imdb rating it has in a site where the male/female ratio is something like 10/1.I love this movie, it was one of the best experiences I ever had in amovie theatre. Yes, the story is average and the bad guy is a caricature but this is a director's movie and it's as epic as they get.A.

I'll give the film credit for finding the mathematical formula for box office gold. And credit for a riveting final third (minus the aforementioned silly Zane shooting spree).But that doesn't forgive the BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH of the previous 2 hours.