129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

A sweeping epic of one the infamous disasters of all time with one of the most obsessed about love story as well...

Looking back I can see why this film became such a huge film...

If you go back Epic films have generally been the most biggest hits of all time...

Ten Commandments, GWTW, Ben Hur and Dr. Zhavigo and and many others.

This film has a grand setting and an epic action set piece and a love story as well.

The film was appealing to everyone... If you did not like the love story, the sinking of the ship is undoubtly one of the best disaster scene filmed.

I personally don't like watching the whole movie but I enjoy the 2nd half a lot and watch it whenever it comes on TV.

Overall B+, 2nd Half A-

In a technical sense Titanic is a flawless masterpiece but the story hits all the expected beats with little deviation and the characters sometimes leave a little to be desired. Though it's strictly traditional fare Titanic remains an expertly told tale. I wouldn't consider it among the greats but I can always free up a few hours for Cameron's epic. 

B+

In my life there are 2 movies, that I have watched so many times over and over again. One is 'THE DARK KNIGHT' and the other one is 'TITANIC' !  :) 

Forgive me for saying this, but on the internet particularly around the geek community,  this really looks like a very weird statement.

The first two hours are good but not great, I get a little bored at times.  But the last part is tremendous, though I still have an issue with Cameron throwing in a gun fight in the middle of the ship sinking.  It seemed a little too silly.  B+

The mother and her kid in the water, deadVasquez from ALIENS telling her kids the bedtime story just before they dieThe old man and woman on the bed together with the water rushing inRose lettin Jack go, but telling him she'll never let goThere's a boat Jack and then the music.....at this point I'm mush.Old Rose dying at the end as we see all of her pictures.I get mushy in all of these scenes, and more.And that damned soundtrack by Horner....damn you JAMES! Damn you all to hell!!

If you want to see me cry, just pop in Titanic.

• Like 2

The first two hours are good but not great, I get a little bored at times.  But the last part is tremendous, though I still have an issue with Cameron throwing in a gun fight in the middle of the ship sinking.  It seemed a little too silly.  B+

Yeah silly! Because Silly people like Hockley do silly things!  :lol:

• Like 1

This movie premiered on cable on new years eve 1999. F**k Y2K! Sit in front of TV and watch Titanic :D

I can remember in early 2000s, TITANIC was premiered here in a local TV channel, in 2001 or 2002 I guess, and even after that it was telecasted over and over and over and over again! about 5-6 times per year!  :P Those days i wasn't even 10 years old! :D probably 8 or 9! I remember i watched it with my Mom and an Aunt! Lovely memories!  :)  But in TV, those PG-13 boobs were censored of course! :lol:

Edited by The Joker
  • Like 1