129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Exactly.  I mean he built two ships.  He built the staircase and the clock to be exact replicas of the real thing.  He had another sunken Titanic built for the underwater shots.  The detail he put into the film is unreal.  The precise look of everything was slaved over until he had it perfect.  

We've all heard about him being tyrannical on set but if he works this hard, then I would imagine he expects everyone else to as well. That doesn't condone anyone being an asshole but it at least helps us understand how much of a perfectionist he is.  And he's had a plethora of actors work with him on numerous occasions. Bill Paxton, Arnold, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Jeannette Goldstein have all worked with him on several films and some on 4-5-and six films.  So there is a loyalty to him as well.

And beyond all of this, Titanic is the most emotionally draining film I've ever seen. It's a testament to the brilliance of it when you can watch it for the 30th time and still get emotional during the sinking and the aftermath.  There are not many films that can do that. 

Well said  Baumer buddy!!!!.... Ive seen this film at least a 100( Iwatch it a few times every few weeks from the 1997 debut)..And its true, never has a movie moved me so much..(Though I give props to Lion king and Avatar sequences) .... Just an incredible work indeed.. And like Sigourney said when a fellow asks you to do more than just do your nails and come to work when your cues and out works everyone putting sequences together, how can you not aim to do the same. :)

For those that understand him, james is very much loved and has a huge loyal following baumer.. Dont forget Ahnold as well:D

• Like 1

I feel like starting a Titanic appreciation thread. I've watched it three times now in the last week.  Twice with different commentary and then last night, just the film.  The amount of care that went into this, the amount of work and the amount of research, it all paid off.  The film is a wonder.  The Romeo and Juliette script is fantastic but when you listen to the commentary by the two historians who worked on the film, Cameron went to great lengths to make sure he nailed every detail.  The correct breed of dogs were shown in the film, the correct car, every small detail, every nuance was done to perfection.  

Titanic is truly, imo, one of the best films of all time.  If you haven't listened to the commentary, you should give it a chance.  

Do it Baum... Im sure it will get some interesting support... I mean some of us have seen this movie 20-100+ times and continue to be floored by it. :)..Go Baumer man!!

I find this to be a bit over-rated. Is it a good lovey dovey, romance flick? Hell yes. Is it an overall good movie? Ehh, I guess. I think they went WAY to much with the romance. For me, I could easily skip over the 2 hours of sucking face until I get to when the ship hits the iceburg and then I'll be all set. I mean, that's essentially what Titanic was about correct? The ship hitting the iceburg, not these two fake characters whom, of course one is the poor hot rich boy and the other is the beautiful rich girl but has so many problems with her life, we are subjected to for 2 hours or so. I can see if your a romance movie person, this would be amazing for you, but for me it was eh. Way too long for me and way to much romance. I'd give a B-, 6/10.

The third best of all time. Absolutely beautiful and amazing acting especially from Kate and Leo who should have both won oscars for their performances. Planning a re-watch on Saturday (that will be nearly the 10th time I've seen it and the first time was the 2012 3D release, I wasn't born when it was originally out in 97)A+++++++++++

• Like 1

I happened to notice that it's now 88% fresh on RT with an averaging rating of 8/10. It used to be 84% & 7.4/10 (EXACTLY the same with Avatar) before the re-release,

Does it usually happen that a re-release raises the rating on RT?

I happened to notice that it's now 88% fresh on RT with an averaging rating of 8/10. It used to be 84% & 7.4/10 (EXACTLY the same with Avatar) before the re-release, Does it usually happen that a re-release raises the rating on RT?

Some people reassessing the film maybe, the rerelease would've helped with that.

And the melancholy line just puts the rubber stamp on the douchiness of Cal.  That line made me hate him.  He even tells Rose that they are royalty.  He's a snob, a rich asshole and he speaks like he's better than everyone else.  

Cameron has made 2 masterpieces. Terminator 2 and this. 

I didnt appreciate it when i was younger due to probably peer pressure. It was known as a movie for girls and so i tried to distance myself from liking it in front of friends and family. But once i finished high school...fuck you to what anyone thinks of me. Beautiful movie. 

A+

For someone like me who usually sees a ton of movies a year, the fact that Titanic is still the movie I have seen the most in the theater since then means a lot..  (i have seen other films in the theater more than Titanic, but they were released before Titanic)

Cameron has made 2 masterpieces. Terminator 2 and this. 

I didnt appreciate it when i was younger due to probably peer pressure. It was known as a movie for girls and so i tried to distance myself from liking it in front of friends and family. But once i finished high school...fuck you to what anyone thinks of me. Beautiful movie. 

A+

Titanic (and partially Romeo & Juliett) was the main reason many SW fanboys whined like hell when Leo was rumored to be up for Anakkin role. Ohh I can just bet they wish they could turn back time and have him instead lol

Edited by BobbyJohn

Titanic (and partially Romeo & Juliett) was the main reason many SW fanboys whined like hell when Leo was rumored to be up for Anakkin role. Ohh I can just bet they wish they could turn back time and have him instead lol

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Instead they got Hayden Christensen LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I dont like romantic films.....im more into action thriller stuff

Watched it fully 2 years back.......Loved the climax scenes it was amazing.....but movie is overrated 

its more of R rated flick dunno hw it got PG-13 rating DAFUQ  :blink:

5/10......avggg