129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I dont like romantic films.....im more into action thriller stuff

Watched it fully 2 years back.......Loved the climax scenes it was amazing.....but movie is overrated 

its more of R rated flick dunno hw it got PG-13 rating DAFUQ  :blink:

5/10......avggg

It's not over rated.  You might not like it but that doesn't make it over rated.

• Like 3

Titanic is a true epic that every audience should at least watch once if not twice to experience its huge scale.Titanic may have overachieved with the huge BO returns, but I don't think it's overrated at all.It's like with sports players. Gareth Bale got a huge transfer fee for his move to Real Madrid, and people started calling him overrated, but if you actually watch him play, you know that he is truly one of the best. So he isn't overrated but rather simply overpriced.

• Like 2

A clear A.

This was the movie that really started my fascination with movie-making and acting, so it is appropriate to post a small review on the day I join these boards ;)

Having been only 10 when Titanic hit cinemas, my parents still took me to see it and got me passed a strict but gentle usher. I had been fascinated with the sea at that time and already read a book on the ship. So my parents were rather sure this would not do any damage to me - quite the opposite.

And they were right - not only did I get interested in history in general after watching this - I also started to get into movie-making and acting. In many ways this movie seemed to have been everything cinema should be about. Taking you to another place together with these characters, intriguing  you, moving you.

By far Cameron's best movie (not that much of a fan in general) and much more than the romance it is sometimes classified as these days, with superb acting and the right amount of obsession by the film-maker.

Together with the LotR trilogy maybe the biggest movie undertaking (and most risky one) - certainly of the last 30 years if not ever.

James Cameron's Terminator, T2 and Aliens are some of my all-time favorite movies. But this box office phenomenon that comes once in a generation is not very interesting IMHO. I did not care for almost anything in this movie but Leo's fantastic performance. 

B-

• Like 1

Its my opini

Its my opinion Baumer.....U said magnolia was awful...i liked...thers always different opinions abt a movie!!!

There's a difference.  Your opinion can be that you do not like it.  You can not have the opinion that it is over rated.

The only true four quadrant movie. This movie speaks to a 7 yo as well as a 77 yo. That s a rare and precious thing.

People complaning about the first big act have brain disfuctions. It is because you spend an hour with Jack and Rose, their love blossoming, that the ending is so heartbreaking. It makes you feel how life is precious as it is fragile.

This movie is a masterclass in filmmaking.

Cameron is a genius.

A+

• Like 2

F . Horrible movie that not only is it awful by itself but gets extra negative points because it took away a great action movie director, James Cameron . The romance is laughable, dicaprio looks like winslet's son not a guy that could win a woman from a young billy Zane . This was the worst successful movie ever until the twilight movies arrived . It does look good , I'll give it that but that's it . The story, characters e.t c are atrocious and that song makes me wish I could kill Celine dion every time I listen to it on the radio . That fact that audiences cried over this show how hollow they are , go see "the missing " and watch jack Lemmon searching for his son in a stadium full of murdered people or "the messenger has to die" , if you want to cry for a reason .

F . Horrible movie that not only is it awful by itself but gets extra negative points because it took away a great action movie director, James Cameron . The romance is laughable, dicaprio looks like winslet's son not a guy that could win a woman from a young billy Zane . This was the worst successful movie ever until the twilight movies arrived . It does look good , I'll give it that but that's it . The story, characters e.t c are atrocious and that song makes me wish I could kill Celine dion every time I listen to it on the radio . That fact that audiences cried over this show how hollow they are , go see "the missing " and watch jack Lemmon searching for his son in a stadium full of murdered people or "the messenger has to die" , if you want to cry for a reason .

tumblr_mkqimsIvr61ruw1vso1_500.gif

• Like 2

Hey, why does Lisa get to have a double account?

• Like 1

I bawled my eyes out watching Titanic. I guess that makes me less of a man than thrylos.

First of all if I wanted to say that only women cried I would have used another word instead of hollow, maybe wimpy or something similar.

Secondly yes I find people that cry over stupid melodramas of the worst kind of pop corn cinema , hollow, when they don't even know the existence of movies that truly create emotional feelings over TRUE horrible events .

Hell "the perfect storm" murders titanic when it comes to showing true emotion. But oh Celine dion sang and dicaprio's character died snif snif ....

First of all if I wanted to say that only women cried I would have used another word instead of hollow, maybe wimpy or something similar.

Secondly yes I find people that cry over stupid melodramas of the worst kind of pop corn cinema , hollow, when they don't even know the existence of movies that truly create emotional feelings over TRUE horrible events .

Hell "the perfect storm" murders titanic when it comes to showing true emotion. But oh Celine dion sang and dicaprio's character died snif snif ....

I had typed out an essay responding to you point by point, but it got deleted. So, I'll just keep this paragraph.

You're the worst type of reviewer. No, it's not because you dislike this movie. It's not because you told us to learn "the existence of movies that truly create emotional feelings over TRUE horrible events," which is actually something I agree with (even though it comes off as condescending here). No, you're the worst type of reviewer because you can't accept that other people could feel something different from you. You assume that because you felt nothing that others who feel something are "hollow" inside, which is just insanely stupid. We're all complex beings and there's nothing "hollow" or "lesser" about us because we liked a movie. I feel pain and sadness like you do in life and I feel joy and love like you do. That doesn't mean you have to like what we like, but I honestly don't know why you need to make us feel inferior about our opinions. It's lame, it's childish, and it's mean. But moreover, it goes against the very person you're trying to be. Here you are, trying to tell us to watch all of these really emotional experiences that will help us empathize with other people, and yet, you can't even get past your own bullshit to understand our emotions. You talk about empathy, but you lack it for anyone who disagrees with your opinion (and no, I'm not overblowing shit, because you literally called people "hollow" for liking a movie). That might make you a hypocrite, but it definitely makes you the worst kind of reviewer.

(Note: A better reviewer would have the same opinion as you, but he wouldn't assume that anyone liking this movie was "hollow" or that those who liked this movie liked it because "Celine Deon sang" and DiCaprio "died." He would have actually tried to explain what filmmaking choices left him cold).

Edited by Dark Jedi Master 007
  • Like 2

I had typed out an essay responding to you point by point, but it got deleted. So, I'll just keep this paragraph.

You're the worst type of reviewer. No, it's not because you dislike this movie. It's not because you told us to learn "the existence of movies that truly create emotional feelings over TRUE horrible events," which is actually something I agree with (even though it comes off as condescending here). No, you're the worst type of reviewer because you can't accept that other people could feel something different from you. You assume that because you felt nothing that others who feel something are "hollow" inside, which is just insanely stupid. We're all complex beings and there's nothing "hollow" or "lesser" about us because we liked a movie. I feel pain and sadness like you do in life and I feel joy and love like you do. That doesn't mean you have to like what we like, but I honestly don't know why you need to make us feel inferior about our opinions. It's lame, it's childish, and it's mean. But moreover, it goes against the very person you're trying to be. Here you are, trying to tell us to watch all of these really emotional experiences that will help us empathize with other people, and yet, you can't even get past your own bullshit to understand our emotions. You talk about empathy, but you lack it for anyone who disagrees with your opinion (and no, I'm not overblowing shit, because you literally called people "hollow" for liking a movie). That might make you a hypocrite, but it definitely makes you the worst kind of reviewer.

(Note: A better reviewer would have the same opinion as you, but he wouldn't assume that anyone liking this movie was "hollow" or that those who liked this movie liked it because "Celine Deon sang" and DiCaprio "died." He would have actually tried to explain what filmmaking choices left him cold).

Give me a break, people insult others in this forum all the time with bad insults and mocking gifs or whatever and it doesn't get any further . Yet my opinion of the people that cried over this piece of trash stings and creates emotions . About this movie, because of its success and the "drama" it creates ,yes my opinion is extremely strong , this is a movie for hollow people to cry over because it doesn't deserve crying over .

"missing", "kill the messenger" , "state of siege" .....even mainstream stuff like "the mask" and "the perfect storm " have waaaaayyyyy better stories and reasons to cry over something , to feel something . Titanic is a cynical movie that was calculated way before release , to make women cry and drag their husbands/boyfriends e.t.c with them . This was the end of Cameron as a director for me, since avatar follows a similar formula in a different genre .

Oh and why should I feel empathy for people on a forum about movies, does anyone have cancer or something ? Hell it wouldn't be an issue if Baumer didn't bring it in his pseudo insulting reply . (about me being more of a man blahblablah )

How many times have people that like something like transformers been mocked in this forum and not just them but anybody who likes these movies ? Do I really need to start searching posts ? Yet titanic is this masterpiece that we must all bow to and keep silent about its audience and esp. those who cry over that piece of crap ?