129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's the biggest ticket seller of all time. I suppose you don't get hundreds of millions of fans without getting a few haters

and as we all know, if a movie sells lots of tickets that must mean it's a great film, because no one could ever disagree with anyone else about a movie.

and as we all know, if a movie sells lots of tickets that must mean it's a great film, because no one could ever disagree with anyone else about a movie.

No, not on it's own.  

However, when it sells lots of tickets theatrically

Sells a shit load on HV

Tied for the most Oscars

Had repeat value unlike any film or close to it, of it's era

Had guys and girls, young and old, black white Asian and all different kinds of nationalities liking it

Has a fairly good imdb score (knowing how messed up imdb is)

Then you just have to accept that it is a good film.  Doesn't mean you have to like it, we are all different, but to say that it sucks is wrong imo.  I don't think Mad Max is my kind of movie, but I see how well made it is and how people connect with it.  You could try taking that attitude instead.

The only film you are allowed to hate that everyone likes is Citizen Kane.  :)

Sorry, I'm not buying that baumer. No one has an objective opinion on what's good and bad - it doesn't matter how much of a minority you're in, everyone's opinion is as valid as one another's.

I don't have to "accept" that it's good, because I don't think it is. 

If you look on RT (mainly from 3D rerelease), there are 21 critics who gave it a Rotten review. Are all those critics objectively wrong and must accept that it's a good film? 11 million audience members (31%) rated it as Rotten too, I guess their opinions are invalid too?

What about Avatar. It did amazingly in cinemas, highest grossing movie ever. Sold fantastically post-theatrical release, had 9 Oscar noms, is liked by people of all sorts (did great globally too), has a good IMDB score. Yet we all know Avatar has people who dislike it. Are they objectively wrong?

There's nothing wrong with disliking a movie. But there's a difference between that and proclaiming something negative about the people who happen to like it.

i wasn't being serious :/

berry-break-28-11.gif?w=400&h=225