129 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Titanic

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I'm kind of disappointed in Winslet. This movie really launched her career and now she kind of shits on it. Strange.

I hear you. A lot of people do that to the movies that made them big. It seems to be a pattern with some actors/actresses.

Sean Astin should have been big after The Goonies.Then he should have been big after Rudy.Then he should have been big after Toy SoldiersThen he should have been big after LOTR.Then he should have been big after Click.

• Like 1

Sean Astin should have been big after The Goonies.Then he should have been big after Rudy.Then he should have been big after Toy SoldiersThen he should have been big after LOTR.Then he should have been big after Click.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:Remember when he was drunken-blabbing about directing Fantastic Four and some sites such as AICN and EW posted it as a breaking news? And then years later he was drunken-blabbing about directing a Holocaust movie.
  • Like 1

I'm kind of disappointed in Winslet. This movie really launched her career and now she kind of shits on it. Strange.

Yeah, especially a record crushing hit that won 11 Oscars. It really makes no sense whatsoever, its not like it was Transformers or TPM. Edited by Shpongle
  • Like 1

Titanic is a good film, a great film actually, but it's very long and requires the watcher to be engaged in watching it, which requires a lot of time and concentration. I have watched it all, but in parts, and it's more enjoyable that way. The story is good, the effects are good, and the acting is good too. Nothing terribly negative to say about it other than it's not the type of film that I would call enjoyable. It's a well-made and competent reel of work but no where near the best a movie can be.C+

Just got the Blu-ray today and started watching some of the deleted scenes. They shouldn't have cut the scene of Rose trashing her room. It was a very good character moment with strong acting from Winslet. Cameron's commentary said that he felt they captured her emotions as she runs to the back of the ship. He isn't wrong, it's just that there was no need to cut a scene that was only around a minute long and added even more depth to her character.

Just got the Blu-ray today and started watching some of the deleted scenes. They shouldn't have cut the scene of Rose trashing her room. It was a very good character moment with strong acting from Winslet. Cameron's commentary said that he felt they captured her emotions as she runs to the back of the ship. He isn't wrong, it's just that there was no need to cut a scene that was only around a minute long and added even more depth to her character.

It would be not just a water down for the pace of the film, but made the following scene less believeable. The film translated from Rose sitting silently with going nearly mad inside the mind, into her desperately running towards the back of the ship. The plot felt more dramatic, and her emotion felt more dramatic. Also that previous scene was to tell that that Rose just found absolutely no way to figure things out, and she desperately wanted a relief. If she trashed her room after that, it would seem that she had the temporal relief and had no reason to be even more desperate to jump off the ship. Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

It would be not just a water down for the pace of the film, but made the following scene less believeable. The film translated from Rose sitting silently with going nearly mad inside the mind, into her desperately running towards the back of the ship. The plot felt more dramatic, and her emotion felt more dramatic. Also that previous scene was to tell that that Rose just found absolutely no way to figure things out, and she desperately wanted a relief. If she trashed her room after that, it would seem that she had the temporal relief and had no reason to be even more desperate to jump off the ship.

I don't buy that. He put it back to back with the scene of her running to the back of the ship and it made plenty of sense to me.

I don't buy that. He put it back to back with the scene of her running to the back of the ship and it made plenty of sense to me.

She already sort of calmed down after trashing the room (when she looked into the mirror). How could she go mad and crying again? It wouldnt make sense at all. Putting that scene back would only make it look like Rose went insanity Level 1 to Level 2, which would be obviously redundant.It probably would've been an explanation (as Cameron initally wanted during the writing) to why Rose wanted to jump off the ship, but it was clear that there was no need for that. The audience would understand it right away. Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1