Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

Is there anyone from the previous regime even left at this point? Been a while since there's been reports of so much turnover happening at a single studio in such a short amount of time.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cax16 said:

Honestly overall I like what he’s doing, I’ll wait to see what happens with how movies get green lit etc before I judge anymore. 

IU think Zaslve will go slow on greenlighting DC projects at first, I think it is clear he thinks many DC films should not have been greenlit.

I think his main goal is to intergrate the HBO/Max DC shows with the Movie DCU, clear he wants to do what Feige had done with Disney+ and the Marvel movies. I think age of a seperater universe of DC TV shows is pretty much over.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Is there anyone from the previous regime even left at this point? Been a while since there's been reports of so much turnover happening at a single studio in such a short amount of time.

Like I said, he is cleaing house the way Jack Warner used to do once every seven or eight years.

42 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Paramount?

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He is cleaning house bigtime.

For those you familiar with Hollywood History, it is like Zaslev is chaneling Jack Warner, who was quick to clean house if the earnings were down.

The trick, of course, is finding Kevin Feige's to full those three positions.

They don't need a Feige for all three, I imagine they'd want a Meledandri type person for Animation, a Feige type for DC and an Alan Horn type for live action.

One thing that probably drove Zaslav to upend Emmerich is the fact that WB have missed out on some major films in the last few years as well as the divisions being not aligned. Aside from Nolan going to Universal for Oppenheimer, they lost OUATIH to Sony and No Time to Die to Universal. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jonwo said:

They don't need a Feige for all three, I imagine they'd want a Meledandri type person for Animation, a Feige type for DC and an Alan Horn type for live action.

What I meant is it might not be easy to find really good people for all three studios rather then specific style. And I hope Zaslev is prepared to pay what really good people for those postions would cost. You hire the best, be prepared to pay a lot of money.

Reports are the Snyderverse fanboys are rejoicing over Emmerich's departure and think that Zaslev will bring back Snyder and put him in charge of the DCU.

Fan delusion at it's finest. Snyder is not going to get the DCU back, folks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Snowpiercer is dead too. I dont think they've announced it yet, but it ain't lookin good.

If those shows are not doing well in the ratings, then Warners is under no obligation to keep them on the air.

Zalseve is going to be hated by a good portion of the fan communitry, since he sees his main job as seeing the Warners stockholders get a good return on their investment and that their money is spent wisely.....and that means some projects the fanboys love but the GA does not like will be axed. IMHO he is just doing the job he was hired to do. WB is a business,period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Snowpiercer is dead too. I dont think they've announced it yet, but it ain't lookin good.

Really bummed at this news. Season 1, after a great start, kind of meandered off into mediocrity, but Season 2 was flat out dazzling. The numbers are the numbers, but damn.

2 minutes ago, A Star is Orm said:

Season 1, after a great start, kind of meandered off into mediocrity, but Season 2 was flat out dazzling. 

Got bored by Season 1 after a couple of episodes. Gonna give this show another go if season 2 is really that much better.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Got bored by Season 1 after a couple of episodes. Gonna give this show another go if season 2 is really that much better.

It's really hard for a show to come back after a bad first season. It can happen, but not very often.

2 hours ago, AJG said:

Wow thats fucking nuts, I thought Raised By Wolves was one of their top performing originals?  Maybe Amazon will scoop it up like they did The Expanse?