Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

3 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Either way, they're probably referring to any/all shows that are being "removed" from HBOMax and/or canceled.  

That's what I suspected. For there to be 38 shows that were cancelled outright (as opposed to being removed from HBO Max regardless of their status), they'd have to have even more shows in production than that. And I don't think they've ever had that many shows in production at once, period. 

28 minutes ago, JWR said:

He hasn't fucked up badly (or long) enough to warrant it yet. 

Umm...he literally has tanked the stock of WB into the ground.

His so called "quality" films bombed and underperformed at the box office.

He has pissed off and disrespected many in Hollywood circles and many professional animation artists with his comments on animation.

HBO Max was regarded as many as the quality streaming service amongst all others including even Netflix in terms of shows, engagement, and service and he has tanked that image and HBO Max numbers since he took over.

He is a cheap penny pincher just like Chapek and deserves the axe completely.

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Umm...he literally has tanked the stock of WB into the ground.

His so called "quality" films bombed and underperformed at the box office.

He has pissed off and disrespected many in Hollywood circles and many professional animation artists with his comments on animation.

HBO Max was regarded as many as the quality streaming service amongst all others including even Netflix in terms of shows, engagement, and service and he has tanked that image and HBO Max numbers since he took over.

He is a cheap penny pincher just like Chapek and deserves the axe completely.

All true. But this was unfortunately the job he was brought in for. If those stocks keep plummeting though, he's in trouble.

15 minutes ago, El Squibbonator said:

Related to my earlier question, I remember seeing an article back in August saying that most of the layoffs and cancellations would mostly be over by the end of October. Given that it's now almost December and I haven't heard of any new cancellations for a while, what am I to make of this? 

You are to understand that so far...that which was reported has turned out to be accurate. 😁  The trades aren't in the business of fabricating facts...other than the P.R. that typically comes from Agencies for actor/project announcements, etc.  😁  Having said that, the trades report on what is accurately conveyed by executive boards "at the moment"...and as we know from the last 24 hours alone over at Disney/in Hollywood...major shifts are indeed possible on *very* short notice...

Edited by Macleod

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

You are to understand that so far...that which was reported has turned out to be accurate. 😁  The trades aren't in the business of fabricating facts...other than the P.R. that typically comes from Agencies for actor/project announcements, etc.  😁  Having said that, the trades report on what is accurately conveyed by executive boards "at the moment"...and as we know from the last 24 hours alone over at Disney/in Hollywood...major shifts are indeed possible on *very* short notice...

So anything not explicitly cancelled can be considered safe. . . for the time being. 

• Like 2

On 11/21/2022 at 11:59 AM, JWR said:

All true. But this was unfortunately the job he was brought in for. If those stocks keep plummeting though, he's in trouble.

I think anybody who took the WB job would get a lot of heat; they would have to cut costs drastically.That is what happens when a compnay gets in debt trouble; first thing is to stop the bleeding and not spend so much money.

The question is if Zasleve made the right decisions as to where to cut, I think a lot ofhis decisions are questinable.

19 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think anybody who took the WB job would get a lot of heat; they would have to cut costs drastically.That is what happens when a compnay gets in debt trouble; first thing is to stop the bleeding and not spend so much money.

The question is if Zasleve made the right decisions as to where to cut, I think a lot ofhis decisions are questinable.

I'd like to reflect on this after next year.

Tom Rothman at SONY keeps winning despite people writing him off! 

But what happens to any upcoming Godzilla/Kong films that they partnered with Warners on?  Will that series continue with Warners?  That's left curiously unmentioned in most of the trade reports of this news...

20 hours ago, Macleod said:

Tom Rothman at SONY keeps winning despite people writing him off! 

But what happens to any upcoming Godzilla/Kong films that they partnered with Warners on?  Will that series continue with Warners?  That's left curiously unmentioned in most of the trade reports of this news...

MonsterVerse and Dune stays at Warner.

• Sad 1