Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

2 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

I'm confused here. They're saying Cavill's not Superman, but they still want him to be Superman at a later time, right?

I think he means they're open to Cavill playing another character. 

• Like 1

Just now, GOGODanca said:

Regardless this is a bad look for WBD, don't tell the guy to announce his return and have all your official accounts post about it when you are in the process of hiring new studio heads who may not want him, get your ducks in order first 

Right. I don't blame them for making adjustments that require some changing plans, but they should have thought about it a month ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Holy fuck. 

1) This has to be viewed as a massive rebuttal to The Rock, no?

The Rock is gonna preemptively quit so it can’t look like he’s being fired. He’s gonna tweet about it and act like a martyr.

• Haha 3

Street Fighter Yes GIF

Finally! The DC reboot I've been wanting for years is finally happening! I do feel pretty sad for Henry though. But he's a rich white man, so he'll be back in pop culture before long.

So, now that the 2023 DC slate is more or less collateral damage now, should I start an "Aquaman 2 under $600M worldwide" club now? Seriously, who the fuck would want to waste their money on a dead end?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GOGODanca said:

Regardless this is a bad look for WBD, don't tell the guy to announce his return and have all your official accounts post about it when you are in the process of hiring new studio heads who may not want him, get your ducks in order first 

This is 100% right, what a stupid decision that was to have him announce he’s back. Especially if fucking Gunn has been writing a Superman movie for awhile lol. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

LMAO they're obviously not going to have Cavill play another character. What a colossal mess for these guys. 

100% the "we're totally open about him playing another character" is just them being polite about the guy they're giving the boot.

2 months ago he had witcher and superman and now the only franchise he's got left is Enola Holmes. Bro's gonna fight for his life for that James Bond gig that he won't get.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Street Fighter Yes GIF

Finally! The DC reboot I've been wanting for years is finally happening! I do feel pretty sad for Henry though. But he's a rich white man, so he'll be back in pop culture before long.

So, now that the 2023 DC slate is more or less collateral damage now, should I start an "Aquaman 2 under $600M worldwide" club now? Seriously, who the fuck would want to waste their money on a dead end?

General Audience has no idea about this stuff tbh, and plenty of people will still watch these movies if they’re good, and maybe not everything or everyone is getting recast and rebooted. 

Kinda sad that Cavill never got a proper sequel. Although I had major issues with MoS I think the potential was there with a better writer. 

I'm not a fan of Gunn writing the script himself. He's the CEO, he should be overseeing all projects, not devoting so much to one single project. 

Captain Britain rumors starting in 1, 2, 3...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

I'm not a fan of Gunn writing the script himself. He's the CEO, he should be overseeing all projects, not devoting so much to one single project. 

Seems like it's something he has been writing for a while. I also imagine Gunn being hired on as CEO was done with the idea that he'd be much more creatively involved than a typical number cruncher. 

• Like 2

Cavill was the most Snyder-related thing in the DCEU. Having another actor is for the best I think. Now I'm curious about who he will play in the new universe if he accept anything.

But, honestly? They should keep some things like this for next year or at least after The Flash. They are slowly killing any hype for all movies omg...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eric The Last Airbender said:

I'm confused here. They're saying Cavill's not Superman, but they still want him to be Superman at a later time, right?

Cavill confirmed on Insta that he is done playing Superman, no mention of anything about playing the character in the future. It could still happen in the future but right now there are no indications as such. Gunn and Safran are looking for a clean slate. I also think it unlikely that Cavill will play another character in the new DCU but its not impossible, especially considering the rumours regarding Jason Momoa playing Lobo. 

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

100% the "we're totally open about him playing another character" is just them being polite about the guy they're giving the boot.

2 months ago he had witcher and superman and now the only franchise he's got left is Enola Holmes. Bro's gonna fight for his life for that James Bond gig that he won't get.

I think he is too old for Bond. The producers said they wanted someone in their 30’s and Cavill is almost 40. Aaron Taylor-Johnson is the frontrunner based on recent rumours. 

Their competitors entertainment shows and morning shows  are gonna go ham letting people know the upcoming slate doesn't matter when its time for those movies to start promoting, zaslav might have an aneurysm if we start getting more flops cause of it

I mentioned before that I think that they will do a reboot for the story alone but I few actors will stay (Gal, Momoa, Margot) and others won't (Cavill, Ben and maybe Ezra), similar to TSS.

Maybe Ray can come back as another character? He could be even Barry Allen. I would love to see it.