Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

On 11/19/2023 at 10:23 AM, Alexander said:

Sounds like Zaslav's preparing to buy Paramount after 2024 presidential election. CNBC+Puck

I think one way or another Paramount will kinda 'dissapear' in next two years. WBD, Universal or Netflix will buy them.

Who knows: Thing change fast in the Entertainment Industry. Warners is still in deep debt kimchee, it could be the target of a takeover .

Godzilla and Kong 2, Dune 2, Joker 2, The Batman 2, Barbie 2, and Wonka 2 are certainly a solid group of sequels for the coming 26-30 months for them to build around. 

Edited by excel1

On 11/27/2023 at 7:11 PM, Cappoedameron said:

can they please cut ties with this dude already please.

Why would they remove these? Looney tunes is a WB staple. I showed the classic shorts to my grand nephews just a few days ago so they can see something other than mind numbing bluey.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

IF we get the Ayer cut, it'll be a while from now (once the DCU is well established). Similar to the Snyder Cut, its a lose lose for the studio. If it's worse than the theatrical, they look dumb for releasing it again. If it's better (likely), they look even stupider for messing with it to begin with.

22 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

IF we get the Ayer cut, it'll be a while from now (once the DCU is well established). Similar to the Snyder Cut, its a lose lose for the studio. If it's worse than the theatrical, they look dumb for releasing it again. If it's better (likely), they look even stupider for messing with it to begin with.

They already look stupid for how they managed the DCEU, I don't think the Ayer Cut being well received would change anything about how people perceive WB. What could happen is that it being good could motivate fans to start asking for sequels, which could be an unnecessary problem for James Gunn if he's trying to move on with his own plans (it's what happened after the release of the Snyder Cut). After his DCU is already embraced by the fans and everyone is excited to see what he's planning for the Suicide Squad characters, it wouldn't matter that they release the Ayer Cut and it's well received, that's what I think Gunn is planning to do (unless he's just lying to David Ayer and making him false promises👀).

49 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

They already look stupid for how they managed the DCEU, I don't think the Ayer Cut being well received would change anything about how people perceive WB. What could happen is that it being good could motivate fans to start asking for sequels, which could be an unnecessary problem for James Gunn if he's trying to move on with his own plans (it's what happened after the release of the Snyder Cut). After his DCU is already embraced by the fans and everyone is excited to see what he's planning for the Suicide Squad characters, it wouldn't matter that they release the Ayer Cut and it's well received, that's what I think Gunn is planning to do (unless he's just lying to David Ayer and making him false promises👀).

Exclusive news - the Ayer cut will release on February 31st 2024

• Astonished 1

9 hours ago, grim22 said:

Exclusive news - the Ayer cut will release on February 31st 2024

Good one.

I guess the SNyder fans will never admit the Snyderverse, in the end, was a failure with mass audiences.

Edited by dudalb

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Good one.

I guess the SNyder fans will never admit the Snyderverse, in the end, was a failure with mass audiences.

It depends on what you consider Snyderverse. If you want to include the movies he had zero involvement with and that completely bombed at the box office (like Blue Beetle, The Flash, Shazam 2, etc.) than sure, but no Snyder fan defends these movies. The movies that were developed when Snyder was still the "architect of DC" were objectively big at the box office, and I can say for sure that WB and movie theaters are missing those numbers.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

It depends on what you consider Snyderverse. If you want to include the movies he had zero involvement with and that completely bombed at the box office (like Blue Beetle, The Flash, Shazam 2, etc.) than sure, but no Snyder fan defends these movies. The movies that were developed when Snyder was still the "architect of DC" were objectively big at the box office, and I can say for sure that WB and movie theaters are missing those numbers.

The numbers were big due to the iconic characters, but these numbers wouldn't last.

I mean, you could say Justice League was Whedon work, but the reception influencing its OW came from BvS.

Edited by Kon
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I consider myself a Snyderverse fan.  I'm well aware of how dead and niche it actually is.  All I want is the Ayer Cut so we can have our "complete" 5-film Snyderverse saga.

1 hour ago, Human said:

A few months ago I watched Suicide Squad for the first (and certainly only) time.  I was amazed at how bad the directing was, and I am quite sure the Ayer cut would suck even worse than the theatrical cut.  

It's the worst edited film I've probably ever seen.

This sudden aversion to director’s cuts is so weird to me. Director’s cuts have been a thing for decades. Regardless of whatever the quality may be, people should value the notion of allowing a creative’s vision to come through. Why are we acting like the soulless corporations are in the right? 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kon said:

The numbers were big due to the iconic characters, but these numbers wouldn't last.

I mean, you could say Justice League was Whedon work, but the reception influencing its OW came from BvS.

The reception to BVS didn’t affect Suicide Squad or Wonder Woman, it wouldn’t conveniently kick in just 3 movies later.