Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

14 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If the Biden administration is fighting to stop Sony (a much smaller company) from acquiring Crunchyroll, I can’t for the life of me imagine why they would let something like this pass. 

Sony is Japanese, the US is likely to be far more open when it comes to US firms but we'll see.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cax16 said:

lol and just a few months after he became one of the biggest laughing stocks in the industry for screwing over some of the biggest names in Hollywood out of royalties. A memorable parting gift to the company, if nothing else.

Edited by filmlover

6 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

This shakedown of Warner has got to be the most embarrassing to happen in a media company in quite some time. They’re a laughingstock right now and the image will take work to build back up. 

I don't think any creative in the industry actually cares much about this. The HBO Max day and date deal was infinitely more embarrassing and a much bigger hit to their image than this.

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I don't think any creative in the industry actually cares much about this. The HBO Max day and date deal was infinitely more embarrassing and a much bigger hit to their image than this.

Nope. And creatives are hardly the ones I’m talking about. They just got dumped by their parent company for a 60 billion dollar cut in valuation within a couple of years of their acquisition. This is nothing short of humiliating on any level as a company. And to make things worse, the MUCH smaller Discovery is essentially leading a takeover of you. They are calling the shots despite being worth far less. Simply embarrassing. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

Nope. And creatives are hardly the ones I’m talking about. They just got dumped by their parent company for a 60 billion dollar cut in valuation within a couple of years of their acquisition. This is nothing short of humiliating on any level as a company. And to make things worse, the MUCH smaller Discovery is essentially leading a takeover of you. They are calling the shots despite being worth far less. Simply embarrassing. 

I don't really care about how much a company is worth lol (it all seems arbitrary to me anyways). A studio's image amongst the industry is far more important imo and I'd say the HBO Max day and date deal was much worse than this considering how it affected their relationship with people who they actually worked with. 

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't really care about how much a company is worth lol (it all seems arbitrary to me anyways). A studio's image amongst the industry is far more important imo and I'd say the HBO Max day and date deal was much worse than this considering how it affected their relationship with people who they actually worked with. 

I of course remember all the creators that left Warner in droves after that never to work with them again...right? 

This seems much more embarrassing for AT&T then WM but I don’t really know how this stuff is perceived to the public nor do I really care tbh. I’m just most excited about the thought of AT&T being as far away from WM as possible in the future. 

• Like 1

I have no real opinion about this either way (other than AT&T selling off WB was an inevitable move that happened much sooner than I thought it would) but didn't Discovery just launch a streaming service earlier this year lol. Guessing that gets rolled into HBO Max to boost the content value for them.

20 minutes ago, cax16 said:

This seems much more embarrassing for AT&T then WM but I don’t really know how this stuff is perceived to the public nor do I really care tbh. I’m just most excited about the thought of AT&T being as far away from WM as possible in the future. 

You're right, the optics here is that AT&T executives were idiots that were about to run WB to the ground in order to build a streaming service. The studio is pretty much still respected and beloved. 

Reading more about this deal, it sounds like it’s probably for the best. AT&T clearly had no idea what they were doing, so they should just stay in their lane. With that said, I’m still praying that none of those proposed NBCUniversal mergers ever come to fruition.