Neo

The Warner Bros. Thread | Will NOT merge with Paramount...capitalism is still terrible

7 minutes ago, El Gato said:

I have yet to see anyone explain why JK is any of the above? Could anyone enlighten me?

As far as I can tell, she pointed out that only Cis Women get periods, which is true, and that a trans woman who hasn’t undergone bottom surgery (is that the proper term?) shouldn’t be in the same prisons, locker rooms or rest rooms as Cis Women, which is understandable and very rational. 

As for Anti-Semitic, lol the ones comparing goblins to Jews are the ones being racist, while ironically trying to seem like the “progressive good guys”. 

I love Harry Potter so I’m glad Hogwarts Legacy was a roaring success!! The game is fun and everyone is talking about one of my favorite franchises ever! Win-Win for me!! 

So Jon Stewart ( who is Jewish) is racist? 

21 hours ago, nox said:

From Variety:

‘Hogwarts Legacy’ Earns $850 Million, Sells More Than 12 Million Units in First Two Weeks

Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC.

That marks the biggest global launch ever for the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned video game company, with the “Harry Potter” action role-playing game also setting the Twitch record for single-player games with 1.28 million peak concurrent viewers at launch.

As Variety previously reported, “Hogwarts Legacy” opened with stunning player engagement, topping 267 million hours played from launch on Feb. 10 through Feb. 21. On Thursday, Warner Bros. Games revealed the game had broken company records with 280 million hours played to date.

Harry Potter 9 announcement when?

16 hours ago, Reddroast said:

So Jon Stewart ( who is Jewish) is racist? 

I make no ceemnts about Jon Stewart specifaclly, but in theory it is perfeclty possible for a Jew to be bigoted against, say, Afro Americans and you sure as hell have a number of Jews in Israel who are bigoted against Palestinain Arabs.

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

WB and NL are releasing the LOTR anime so new live action films was always inevitable. There is a lot of material which can be turned into films that is solely from the Third Age. 

Maybe, but they said it was a sequel to LOTR not a prequel. And there is simply no way to go with that unless you throw Tolkien compley out the window.

I think there is a bit of misconception on this forum that Rowling's views are the biggest obstacle to HP9. In reality, HP actors (including the trio) looked quite content with participating in the reunion film a year ago. And some of the most vocal opponents have also managed to praise the same JK Rowling since:

Some of the older cast voiced their support from the very start of the controversy.

So, Rowling's views are not an obstacle. And as Hogwarts Legacy showed, financial success is also guaranteed. The only obstacle seems to be Rowling's unwillingness to approve another Harry Potter film. And as a fan of the series, I am actually glad that it is that way. Some stories deserve an ending, and Harry Potter's was as perfect as it could be.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is it fair to assume that Zaslav suing Paramount over South Park is just part of his desperate attempt to help get his company out of the massive debt it’s in? 

Yeah this thought came to me as well. That's what it feels like, even if the lawsuit has merit on its own.

6 hours ago, nox said:

I think there is a bit of misconception on this forum that Rowling's views are the biggest obstacle to HP9. In reality, HP actors (including the trio) looked quite content with participating in the reunion film a year ago. And some of the most vocal opponents have also managed to praise the same JK Rowling since:

Some of the older cast voiced their support from the very start of the controversy.

So, Rowling's views are not an obstacle. And as Hogwarts Legacy showed, financial success is also guaranteed. The only obstacle seems to be Rowling's unwillingness to approve another Harry Potter film. And as a fan of the series, I am actually glad that it is that way. Some stories deserve an ending, and Harry Potter's was as perfect as it could be.

"The young generation deserves to experience the live magic of Harry Potter themselves" - business mind