CJohn

The Peanuts Movie | November 6, 2015

The Schulz family is heavily involved, so I'm comfortable in the assumption that the adults won't talk.

The use of kids, and not hiring celebrity child actors, the fact that they got the rights to use the Vince Guaraldi music and Bill Melendez's archival recordings for Snoopy/Woodstock, all bears out that this is going to follow the spirit of what came before.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

That's not his real name. I had to look him up on IMDB, his actual name is Marleik Walker II.

(He's currently sufficiently unknown that he actually has three separate IMDB pages - Marleik Walker, Marleik Walker II and Marleik "Mar Mar" Walker.)

Edited by TServo2049

The Schulz family is heavily involved, so I'm comfortable in the assumption that the adults won't talk.

The use of kids, and not hiring celebrity child actors, the fact that they got the rights to use the Vince Guaraldi music and Bill Melendez's archival recordings for Snoopy/Woodstock, all bears out that this is going to follow the spirit of what came before.

Hopefully having no celebrities will mean most of the budgets will have gone onto the animation which looks top notch for a Blue Sky film.

• Like 1

Using real kids for the voices of Charlie Brown and company is 1000% the right choice.

ANd I still think some people here don't get how popular..with all ages..these charecters are. Now, they are not new and  hip but they are better:They are classic.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 6

Using real kids for the voices of Charlie Brown and company is 1000% the right choice.

ANd I still think some people here don't get how popular..with all ages..these charecters are. Now, they are not new and  hip but they are better:They are classic.

In the US, this'll do fine. Everywhere else though...

• Like 1

After seeing the trailer with Night at the Museum 3, I see this doing rather well. Reminds me of "The Muppets" as far as nostalgia goes.

$50.5 million

$204 million DOM

Although I am crossing my fingers that this'll be rated G. Considering Rio 1 & 2 were both G-rated, along with Horton Hears a Who, I'm confident Fox/Blue Sky will let it receive a G rating. I just don't want to see a "PG for rude humor and mild language" - just because of Snoopy/Woodstock slapstick and the word "blockhead" 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 2