• Return of the Jedi
  2. 2. What is the best Star Wars movie?

• The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones
    • Revenge of the Sith
    • A New Hope
    • Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi

The Empire Strikes Back isn't just the best Star Wars movie, it is the best Movie ever.Plus its my favorite. B)

It's my favorite movie ever as well. If given the choice I would watch ESB over any other movie. TPM - B-AOTC - C+ROTS - B+ANH - AESB - A++ :)ROTJ - B+

If I could change 1 thing about ROTJ, it would be to change Endor to Kashyyyk, with the Wookiees being used as slave labor for building Death Star II. Epic Wookiee guerilla warfare = Epic Win for All (plus it could give Chewbacca more to do other than growl at bad guys).

That would had been epic win. It would had made Rotj much closer to empire in tone as well which would only be a good thing. Edited by Phil in the Blank

• Community Manager

That would had been epic win. It would had made Rotj much closer to empire in tone as well which would only be a good thing.

I disagree. ROTJ should not have the tone of EBS, since it's the film with the happy ending (unless you count the EU).

What he meant was that it'd be along the lines of Empire with consistent maturity, atmosphere. The middle section of ROTJ is a little too campy because of the Ewoks and their antics (as well as the idea of teddy bears fighting stormtroopers).

ESB

ROTJ

ROTS

ANH

AOTC

TPM

ROTJ, ROTS, and ANH are very close. As maligned as the prequels are, I think Lucas absolutely nailed it with Revenge of the Sith. I am biased because I am a SW fanboy but ROTS is one of the best movies of the 2000-2010 decade.

• Like 2

I don't mind SW fanboys per se but when they defend ROTS so passionately and at the same time have the gall to ridicule TPM and AOTC it's just pathetic since they are all on the same level, and ROTS worse so because it actually bastardizes a main character. I'm not sure what the proper term is, but I'm sure it's something psychological wherein they feel that it's the last SW they'll ever see and they've been disappointed by the first two already that they have to like it. Some sort of denial because the character arc is a complete joke and the dialogue and acting some of the worse ever for a mainstream big blockbuster movie.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say:1. Empire Strikes Back2. Episode VIII3. A New Hope4. Episode IX5. Episode VII6. Revenge of the Sith7. Return of the Jedi8. The Phantom Menace9. Attack of the Clones

You beat me to it! I'm hoping all 3 are near the top!