Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

15 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I basically agree with you, and like to pretend Scott doesn't have such a definitive opinion in his interviews. :) Although I do think the evidence (as presented from the DC onwards) points in one direction only. 

As a slight digression (though it's another PKD adaptation), do you subscribe to the TOTAL RECALL theory that Verhoeven managed to slip a psycho trick ending past the studio? I scoffed when I first heard it years and years ago, but I've kinda come around to agreeing with it. :lol: 

Are you referring to the fade to white?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Grand Moff Tele said:

I basically agree with you, and like to pretend Scott doesn't have such a definitive opinion in his interviews. :) Although I do think the evidence (as presented from the DC onwards) points in one direction only. 

As a slight digression (though it's another PKD adaptation), do you subscribe to the TOTAL RECALL theory that Verhoeven managed to slip a psycho trick ending past the studio? I scoffed when I first heard it years and years ago, but I've kinda come around to agreeing with it. :lol: 

I'm not sure what you are refering to but as of Total Recall we discussed it many times with my friends :

Spoiler

From my perspective, the movie hints several times that Schwarzenegger is inside the machin the whole time.

The biggest detail is seconds before he enters the machine, the technician looks at the screen and says something like "Oh an atmosphere on Mars ? That's new !". We also get a glimpse at the screen and we can clearly see the ice melting machine that is used at the end.

However, beeing a PKD adaptation we can always argue that this scene is shown from his perspective, and if he really was a spy he already got his memory erased and is not a reliable narrator.

Anyhow, even if I feel Verhoeven hints strongly that Doug was inside the machine the whole time, I think it doesnt fuck up the message like in Blade Runner so I don't mind it.

It even gives another reading to the movie especially if you take into account the fade to white mentionned by The stingray.

Kinda reminds me of the end of A day in the Life from Sgt. Pepper's

• Like 1

Blade Runner (came out in my birth year) is a masterpiece and one of my favorite movies of all time. The haunting but beautiful score, the remarkable production design and cinematography, and the philosophical story about the nature of what it is to be human is brilliant to me.

I hope the sequel at least is respectable and I admit I am looking forward to it. 

• Like 1