Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Congrats to Sony for making this quality film ! They deserve nearly all the credits along with Denis Villeneuve. I hope this film makes a killing in the FOREIGN markets. Imagine 400 million WW with a 9:1 FOREIGN/DOMESTIC split...

Sony didn't make it either.  Alcon did.

43 minutes ago, Halba said:

Easily the best sci fi film ever made, and one of the best films ever, right up there with godfather and boyhood and others on RT.

Villeneuve is a once in a multi generation type of director. Yes ,he is even better than Nolan. These two best of their age group by far(with the Wright brothers for sure). 

Villeneuve is probably the best and most visionary director in the past 50 years. thats saying something. Right up there with Kubrick, Kurosawa and Hitchcock.

Ranking of directors 40-50 age group 

1. Villeneuve(Sicario, Arrival, BR 2049)

2. Nolan(Inception, TDK, Memento, Dunkirk)

3. Wright brothers (Hot fuzz, World's end, Baby Driver)

98% RT

8.8 ave rating

85 Metascore

164 minute runtime

absolutely epic.

I think Halba is leaning too much into it. The illusion was broken for me :sadben:

Did you know the famous lines Rugter Hauer say in the final scene of Blade Runner was written by him the night before they shot the scene ?

Crazy and a credit to the theory Ridley Scot's greatest films are accidental masterpieces, more than some others I think.

56 minutes ago, Halba said:

Easily the best sci fi film ever made, and one of the best films ever, right up there with godfather and boyhood and others on RT.

Villeneuve is a once in a multi generation type of director. Yes ,he is even better than Nolan. These two best of their age group by far(with the Wright brothers for sure). 

Villeneuve is probably the best and most visionary director in the past 50 years. thats saying something. Right up there with Kubrick, Kurosawa and Hitchcock.

Ranking of directors 40-50 age group 

1. Villeneuve(Sicario, Arrival, BR 2049)

2. Nolan(Inception, TDK, Memento, Dunkirk)

3. Wright brothers (Hot fuzz, World's end, Baby Driver)

98% RT

8.8 ave rating

85 Metascore

164 minute runtime

absolutely epic.

Da4Z5yc.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

How does this made by other, distributed by another works. Did WB paid sony for the rights to distribute dom? And an idea around how much they could have paid?

Sony and WB made a deal with Alcon, right?  Or maybe they cofinanced.  I doubt any of us really know, there's a bunch of different ways this could've worked.

However it did, I know this...three companies will be taking credit.  Even if it doesn't make money.  I'd love to know who really took the gamble here.  Alcon certainly though...distributors are like the house, they take their due first.

• Like 1

http://www.tracking-board.com/blade-runner-2049-review-denis-villeneuve-balances-reverence-and-innovation-in-worthy-sequel-that-adds-to-originals-legacy/

My favorite reviewer of all time loves it. Not reading any reviews, but my excitement has gone through the roof and found intelligent life in three of two thousand galaxies and it's still going. 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

WB obviously knew this would be a great film, they wouldn't have distributed it otherwise and the fact that it's WB which is known for making these classic type of films,  will draw more people to the theater. 

I mean...they probably would've either way.  I don't know if they contributed to the budget, but, they probably would've cause really they didn't know.

Regardless...fuck I've been restraining my hype but I'm fucking geeking out help me

28 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

WB obviously knew this would be a great film, they wouldn't have distributed it otherwise and the fact that it's WB which is known for making these classic type of films,  will draw more people to the theater. 

As far as i understand, WB has a deal with Alcon, to distribute their films. That's pretty much it.

2 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Congrats to Sony for making this quality film ! They deserve nearly all the credits along with Denis Villeneuve. I hope this film makes a killing in the FOREIGN markets. Imagine 400 million WW with a 9:1 FOREIGN/DOMESTIC split...

:lol::lol::lol:

The reviews are glowing and have me very excited to see the film. I've been reading some of my favourite reviewers/publications (skipping over plot points or spoilers) to see what they think - Debruge at Variety says:

In fact, at 2 hours and 44 minutes, “Blade Runner 2049” clocks in at three minutes longer than the austere Russian auteur’s “Stalker.” But Villeneuve earns every second of that running time, delivering a visually breathtaking, long-fuse action movie whose unconventional thrills could be described as many things — from tantalizing to tedious — but never “artificially intelligent.”

Make no mistake: Whereas the original “Blade Runner” was (eventually) embraced for its unrealized potential, its sequel ranks as one of the great science-fiction films of all time.

No review from the NYTimes yet - I'd love to read Dargis' take on the film, but I'll be happy to read what Scott thinks too if he ends up the reviewer.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1