Neo

Blade Runner 2049 | October 6, 2017 | Villeneuve directs | Full Trailer on Page 40

4 hours ago, Bonenash said:

hey!!!

Just went out of the theater  and WOW what a blast!!

DOn't want to write long text but it was so good best film of 2017 by far....

The best of it it's the cinematography imo BR 2049 has 99.99 chance to get oscar for cinematography and the same for set piece.... the soundtrack was very good even if it can not match the great Vangelis.

GO watch BR 2049 asap folks it's the film of the year....

First - SWEAR it is not too dark (badly lit), like all other movies of the Frenchy director...

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Me likey very much. 

Only hang up for me was the score, which was pretty much just noise. But delivered on everything else.

Deakins rejoice.png

VERY bad news on the score then! Big minus for the Shay if the potential for beautiful music is wasted.

At least tell me if the movie is too dark (it could be even worse now that it is a 3D movie!!) - or has the French director finally invested in good enough lights to be able to do his job?

Edited by shayhiri

1 minute ago, shayhiri said:

VERY bad news on the score then! Big minus for the Shay if the potential for beautiful music is wasted.

At least tell me if the movie is too dark (it's even worst now that it is a 3D movie!!) - or has the French director finally invested in good enough lights to be able to do his job?

There's actually an extended monologue at the start where Denis states that he hates being able to see things in movies, and then procedes to smash the all the lighting equipment on set with a crowbar.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There's actually an extended monologue at the start where Denis states that he hates being able to see things in movies, and then procedes to smash the all the lighting equipment on set with a crowbar.

And here he is, joyful over the defeat of the evil lighting

denis-villeneuve-6.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm gonna buy one. I'm sure I can pull it off

drive1.jpg

It's definitely the type of coat that makes you look like a total dork if you wear it in real life. But Gosling rolls with it. Almost as hard as Ford rolls with his grungy-ass t-shirt.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

It's definitely the type of coat that makes you look like a total dork if you wear it in real life. But Gosling rolls with it. Almost as hard as Ford rolls with his grungy-ass t-shirt.

Not I, no way I could look like a dork.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

South America really likes this guy for some reason.

I liked him as a kid just didn't think he was still around.  But I digress.

Watched the Final Cut the other.  It's certainly a slow movie but it's very good

Here's a great piece by Kenneth Turan... from 1992, when the original "Director's Cut" came out. Much of the info has been mentioned in other articles or documentaries (especially the Bluray set), but the tone has been softened in recent years. Turan's article really gets at how frustrated some people were, and how frustrating the movie was to make. And how the whole DC (and future cuts) are a minor miracle, one that shouldn't have happened. 

http://articles.latimes.com/1992-09-13/magazine/tm-1537_1_blade-runner-ridley-scott-orson-welles-othello

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bonenash said:

hey!!!

Just went out of the theater  and WOW what a blast!!

DOn't want to write long text but it was so good best film of 2017 by far....

The best of it it's the cinematography imo BR 2049 has 99.99 chance to get oscar for cinematography and the same for set piece.... the soundtrack was very good even if it can not match the great Vangelis.

GO watch BR 2049 asap folks it's the film of the year....

As I said before, all the reviews highlight the cinematography, its important, but not as important as a good story.

Does it have a worthwhile story to tell?