Gopher

Weekend Numbers (starts pg19) Taken2 22.5, Argo 20.2 mill

Yep, that's what i thought. Just go and check Twitter, seems like it's sold out everywhere.Maybe that's because "Taken", "Argo" and "Hotel Transsilvania" block the biggest theaters, yeah, but it's not doing just 5 or 6 Mio today.

http://www.fandango.com/regalunionsquarestadium14_aajnk/theaterpagehttp://www.fandango.com/regalewalkstadium1326rpx_aaodh/theaterpageSell outs in NYC. Regal Union Square is a busy theater. Always sell outs there.

Taken 2 is a piece of crap, and yet it's raking in all this money. Did I miss something? Were there some cool scenes during that hour in the middle when my mind wandered?

That WOM obviously isn`t toxic is baffling.Also, a trully great movie has an outside chance to win the weekend yet Sinisterds are bitching. Sinister doesn`t need #1. It was made for $3 mio, it`s already making a profit. But #1 for Argo would mean so much in Oscar race.
  • Like 3

But #1 for Argo would mean so much in Oscar race.

Argo's in line to open to the same numbers as The Town or a little below. The Town legged it out to the low 90s and with the wonderful critical reception and sure-to-be great audience WOM Argo can do the same for sure.

I think we can all agree that Ben Affleck has a thing for the number 94.

Posted Image

That's damn consistent. Not even Nolan is that consistent with any three of his films . Average rating is highest for Argo. Hoping to see it tomorrow if I can talk my wife into it.

Taken 2 is a piece of crap, and yet it's raking in all this money. Did I miss something? Were there some cool scenes during that hour in the middle when my mind wandered?

That WOM obviously isn`t toxic is baffling.

It's not as bad as all that. If it were, WOM would be toxic. This is a prime example of critic/GA disconnect. Is it just more of the same? Absolutely. But that is exactly what most were expecting and what many wanted. It's why professional wrestling is still going, it's in our nature to like ritualistic things. Look at Rocky for another prime example. Films were all essentially the same story, yet most were extremely popular.

The bo has really turned around in the last 3 weeks. Anybody who thinks 2012 isn't setting a new yearly record is delusional. October is going to set a new monthly record with ease and November should do the same.

Looper was down only 23% in attendance from last Friday at my theater! Please let that be nationwide.

If it survives this weekend then it's home free for the rest of its run I think. 70m domestic would make me happy.