baumer

Full Weekend estimates pg 17

I may be wrong but Cloud Atlas seems to be much less downbeat than WDMC was. I don't think the problem was so much that "faith" is passe these days (Seriously, the fact that Mitt Romney has any kind of chance in this election proves it), but that this movie is simply made up of so many disparate parts that it can't appeal to any certain demographic.And honestly, the critics aren't exactly helping. I know a 60% tomatometer wouldn't be enough to convince me to see a film I wasn't really considering before.

Edited by tribefan695

Cloud Atlas strikes me as sort of like the movie with Robin Williams back in the 90's called "What Dreams May Come" in that movies like this are depressing and generally don't do well.. Seems like movegoers in this day and age don't believe in movies about "Faith" and are too hung up in this Atheism crap to know any better...

Which is why even a Mormon currently stands way more chance of becoming President than an atheist in the US I suppose?