A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

47 minutes ago, Olive said:

It's not going over 600M on Sat...

It's presales will be higher than OD. It's already at 240M, should finish 270-280M and will only need 2.2 or under PSM to 600M. I'm not saying it'll happen but it's not a long shot either. 

If presales keep popping like this even 300M is possible which only need 2 multi.

Edited by druv10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, POTUS 2020 said:

its going to finish 415-420m

the number to track is tomorrows PS to determine how monstrous Sat will be. Running at 10-12p/hr after being frozen for hours

PS should get close to 290m

Psm PS BO
Wed 2.03    
Thu 2.31    
Fri 2.25    
Sat 2.20 290 638
Sat 2.40 290 696

1 hour ago, Olive said:

It's not going over 600M on Sat...

why not. With PS distributed throughout the day tomorrow, it leaqves plenty of room for walk ups. The PSm isn't going to drop to 2 and PS may get close to 300m

Are you waving a wand?  I don't state things, I provide data and reasoning

well, its a big call, because the PSm has never dropped under OD, 2.01.  Its bigger than calling over 700m. a 2.35 PSm

Edited by POTUS 2020

I wanted to confirm something -

Whenever You guys quote earning from Maoyan, do you guys include the service fees or just take it as whole?

The service fees is not earned by Theatres or cineplex, but by the online portal where you booked ticket, so it should not be included technically.

I have seen many people directly quoting that number from Maoyan. This problem only arise in China BO because it is only one which comprehensively take live counts and has live tracking.

Sorry, It had been bugging me, as I kept seeing people quoting those numbers in reddit and when I tried correcting them -  they pointed to you guys. 

Am I wrong? The service fees should be included? Also, its my first post. Oh well.

Currently End game is at 385m today if you dont include service fees. So, which is correct 385 or 405?

1 minute ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Whenever You guys quote earning from Maoyan, do you guys include the service fees or just take it as whole?

The service fees is not earned by Theatres or cineplex, but by the online portal where you booked ticket, so it should not be included technically.

I have seen many people directly quoting that number from Maoyan. This problem only arise in China BO because it is only one which comprehensively take live counts and has live tracking.

Sorry, It had been bugging me, as I kept seeing people quoting those numbers in reddit and when I tried correcting them -  they pointed to you guys. 

Am I wrong? The service fees should be included? Also, its my first post. Oh well.

Currently End game is at 385m today if you dont include service fees. So, which is correct 385 or 405?

The number on Maoyan with service fees is generally pretty close to actuals, so I'd say that one.

5 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Sorry, It had been bugging me, as I kept seeing people quoting those numbers in reddit and when I tried correcting them - they pointed to you guys.

We talk about the numbers with service fees. It's correct to do so because those are the numbers reported by studios for official box office.

7 minutes ago, anti-Pedantic said:

Services fees are included in official numbers unless I'm mistaken so it's basically irrelevant no?