A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

17 minutes ago, Olive said:

THURSDAY ESTIMATES
Some Like It Hot - ¥22.2M/288M
Railroad Tigers - ¥10.9M/564M
The Great Wall - ¥9.6M/¥1084M 
See You Tomorrow - ¥4.7M/460M

Rogue One - ¥3.2M Midnights( FB made 2.5M in November)
Hacksaw Ridge - ¥3.2M/¥382M 
Snezhnaya koroleva 2- ¥0.55M/28.8M

how much will R1 scored for opening day? can have some prediction based on pre-sales?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I thought it was rubbish. The taiwanese accent for a Mainland Chinese Hero. Gosh.

Eddie Peng made Wong Fei Hung look like a teenage gangster in 2014, now he is running the Monkey King.

At least he's better than the little fresh meat. His acting is ok if not good, Cold War2, Operation Mekong,...

He has the villain-ish looking, so he suits the role as bad guy rather than hero. 

20 minutes ago, MrHardapple said:

Great news - China loves Hacksaw Ridge.

How much could the China total be after February 6?

I'd ask / ping Olive or... here in the thread are some people who are into prediction, me not :)

• Like 1

Currently sitting at an 8.4 on Maoyan and an 8.6 on Gewara, compared to TFA's 8.2/8.2.

Is it normal for a movie to have a higher rating after midnight previews which then falls once general audience start seeing and reviewing the movie? I remember TFA dropping quite a few points from its initial rating, but I don't remember exactly what rating it was at after midnights.

Or perhaps we're seeing a movie that's (slightly) better-reviewed than TFA?

Edit: Well it's already slid to an 8.3 on Maoyan, so it looks to be very similarly-reviewed to TFA.

Edited by hw64
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MrHardapple said:

Great news - China loves Hacksaw Ridge.

How much could the China total be after February 6?

Hacksaw Ridge only gets 1.9% of total showtimes this weekend hence it will have a huge drop. And you know, so many domestic blockbusters will release at the beginning of Spring Festival, thus Hacksaw Ridge can hardly hold more than 0.1% of total showtimes after 27th Feb, in other words, it will nearly end its run up to that date.

However, it can surpass 400M/$58.0M safely and well… 415M/$60.1M is still possible (it depends on the performance of this weekend). 

21 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Currently sitting at an 8.4 on Maoyan and an 8.6 on Gewara, compared to TFA's 8.2/8.2.

Is it normal for a movie to have a higher rating after midnight previews which then falls once general audience start seeing and reviewing the movie? I remember TFA dropping quite a few points from its initial rating, but I don't remember exactly what rating it was at after midnights.

Edit: Well it's already slid to an 8.3 on Maoyan, so it looks to be very similarly-reviewed to TFA.

Only 2000 votes for now, the cardinal number is too low that we cannot draw a conclusion right now. But I agree with you, it will more lively get a mixed WOM just like what TFA did here, and due to the weak pre-sale number, I wouldn't be surprised if it cannot beat Hacksaw Ridge in China.

4 hours ago, hw64 said:

Usually drops .2 -.4.  Below 8.5 on Maoyan is not good and will have average or poor legs. 2-2.25 x OW

4 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

When will we have any update?

PS at 16m should open at 44m/$6.3m. +/-10%.  OW at 3.3x OD.

Will have have an update at 2-3pm Beijing time

Edited by POTUS
  • Like 4

1430.  R1 at 28m running at 3.2m per hour. That gets it to 50m, Evening hours are usually stronger unless they are PS heavy due to online discounts. Should clear 50m either way. Will have  a similar PS multi to XMA. Maoyan down to 8.1

$7.5-8m OD

$25-26m OW

$52m-$55m Tot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, POTUS said:

1430.  R1 at 28m running at 3.2m per hour. That gets it to 50m, Evening hours are usually stronger unless they are PS heavy due to online discounts. Should clear 50m either way. Will have  a similar PS multi to XMA. Maoyan down to 8.1

$7.5-8m OD

$25-26m OW

$52m-$55m Tot

Down more than half of TFA's