A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

1 hour ago, TigerPaw said:

Only if suddenly.. Chinese Audiences embrace the recently deceased Carrie Fisher as their own. (Just like how they suddenly felt that Paul Walker was their own during FF7, even though Paul Walker films have never done well there previously)

@ttr - this relates to u as well.

The Paul Walker - Furious 7 thing in China was so strange... But I sort of understand how it may have happened, I've head from people who told me they were never into the Fast/Furious franchise, but watched all 6 of them because of Walker's death, and it felt like watching him growing up which created an instant connection.

The Walker-Furious 7, or Ledge TDK effect probably won't apply to EP8 as much, especially not likely in China.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 1

ROGUE ONE: A STAR WARS STORY debuted with ¥71M ($10.3M) on Friday, 1/3 The Force Awaken's Saturday opening last year.

China : Snags Okay $10.3M Opening Day via Forbes by

• Like 1

Strange, my post is away... 

OK.

me seems China gets a kind of Sci-Fi 'fest' in January, as Arrival gets released at 20 January too.

Isn't there a local Sci-Fi also already in release or getting released soon?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Strange, my post is away... 

OK.

me seems China gets a kind of Sci-Fi 'fest' in January, as Arrival gets released at 20 January too.

Isn't there a local Sci-Fi also already in release or getting released soon?

Nope, and Arrival only has one week's time… such a pity. 

• Like 1

Let's discuss the Elephant in the room.

Can R1 earm 100m Yuan single day - today? 

Maoyan reviews dropped to 7.9.. a very bad sign.
And now at 2.10pm, it is only at almost 30m yuan. Not very strong.... and with this Medicore WOM, I think it will gross only 85m yuan today.  :(

(I hope I am wrong, and it explodes tonight!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerPaw said:

Yup, very bad... Those crap movies (really bad ones) like Great Wall and Railroad Tigers are above 8... 
Something is wrong....

I'm trying to read those negative feedbacks in Douban and Maoyan...  It's just... the same like before, people think Ro1 is a snoozefest, again! The first half of Ro1 is messy, it makes the Chinese audience feel impatient, people have to play with the game on their smartphone and wait for something better to happen... 

6 minutes ago, jb007 said:

At 21:30,

cbooo.cn - 90 mil

Maoyan - 74 mil

If it is real time tracking, how come they can be different. Which is correct?

I usually use Maoyan. @Olive is the expert on this.

But... gosh. Not even 80m today. Its really.. a flop. A big flop. :(

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

Olive has his own source which is more authoritative and official. And fortunately, RO doesn't perform well but will still surpass 80M today. 

Edited by nVIDIADriver
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

I felt sad for my hero. I don't want to miss any of his films tbh, but hey it's the SW series. I have never watched one and don't want to watch either. 

How is his character? Did he get enough screen times? I just want him to do well and get worldwide recognition. He just broke into HLW in his 50s. It's kinda late but better than not. If the world has justice, he should become the king of action/martial art star soon. He already did it in my heart ???.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nVIDIADriver said:

Olive has his own source which is more authoritative and official. And fortunately, RO doesn't perform well but will still surpass 80M today. 

Where do you usually get your source? Tracking Maoyan every 30minutes to see that average of 3m grow is painful. =(