S   72

M  36

T   69  holiday

W  44

T   43

F   71

S   167

S   150

Monday will show how big the WoM wave is building.  Zoo dropped just 50% instead of the usual 75-80%.

Should it increase on Sunday and hold -50-60% on Monday then we could have something big, 1B?. Zoo wed increased over monday after a tues holiday.

A lot of local releases coming but zoo and dangal were able to hold screens against competition.  

Thanks, presales for Sunday is 40%+ higher. Healthy increase is in store for Coco on Sunday.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, POTUS said:

Zoo was 9.5 rating. Coco still at 9.6

F   22m

S   60

S   72

M  36

T   69  holiday

W  44

T   43

F   71

S   167

S   150

Monday will show how big the WoM wave is building.  Zoo dropped just 50% instead of the usual 75-80%.

Should it increase on Sunday and hold -50-60% on Monday then we could have something big, 1B?. Zoo wed increased over monday after a tues holiday.

A lot of local releases coming but zoo and dangal were able to hold screens against competition.  

We are into something BIG.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Why are you all so confident in JL making the $100M? I have always doubted it. From the very beginning JL has been behind Thor 3's numbers (ow, daily ...) and the gap between their cumulative box office has been increasing ever since JL opening day. 

Thor 3 ow: $55M (Thu: 1,12M - Fri: 16,07M - Sat: 22,02M - Sun: 15,79M) 

JL ow: $52,36M (Thu: 1,33M - Fri: 15,28M - Sat: 21,17M - Sun: 14,58M)   -------------------------> +2,64M for Thor 3.

Thor 3 week1: Mon: 5,99M - Tue: 5,02M - Wed: 4,49M - Thu: 3,88M) = 74,38M 1st week

JL week1: Mon: 4,86M - Tue: 4,05M - Wed: 3,55M - Thu: 3,09M) = 67,92M 1st week   ----------> +6,46M for Thor 3.

Thor 3 we#2: (Fri: 4,80M ...) = 79,18M after 8 days.

JL we#2: (Fri: 3,82M ...) = 71,74M after 8 days.  -------------------------------------------------------> +7,44M for Thor 3.

Only on thursday night previews JL made more than Thor 3. Ever since, Thor 3 has outcome JL #s' day after day.

The gap is now on 7,44M and seems it will increase day after day. If Thor 3 is now at 110M with a final cume to 111 or 112 max. If you detract the gap to Thor 3 cume, 111-7,44 = 103,56 final for JL if it matches Thor 3 numbers daily from now on, which seems pretty unfeasible.  

I think JL is gonna struggle to reach the 100M imo. Even more if Coco's ow and further performance increases daily as it seems to be for this opening week (cutting JL's legs).

Unless there's a holiday in China these coming days that will give JL some extra 2-3M, I think JL is out of the 100M club.

Why are some people so set on seeing he film fail on all fronts?

Thefilm is gonna make 100mil I’m China and you need to deal with it.

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 3

56 minutes ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Saturday est after service fees
Justice League  -  48.8m / 521.4m +94%
Coco  -  47.1m/59.9m +270%

Manhunt  -  26.2m/56.1m -11%
Orient Express  -  3.76m / 218.7m +155%
Thor: Ragnarok  -  3.63m / 733.3m +184%

Sunday Maoyan prediction

Coco 58.2M

JL 36.3m

Damn, that’s a crazy jump for Coco. So close to taking the top spot. Really glad Pixar finally having a breakthrough in China. 

Great increases for OE and TR as well. Making the most out of the minuscule number of showtimes they have. 

Poor Manhunt lol. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Brainiac5 said:

Why are some people so set on seeing he film fail on all fronts?

Thefilm is gonna make 100mil I’m China and you need to deal with it.

Saturday for JL is 7M, and after 9 days, it's already - 10M than Thor 3 for the same 9 days. So from now on, JL needs to equal Thor 3s daily numbers to get to 100M sharp.

I only deal with numbers. 

Just now, meriodejaneiro said:

Saturday for JL is 7M, and after 9 days, it's already - 10M than Thor 3 for the same 9 days. So from now on, JL needs to equal Thor 3s daily numbers to get to 100M sharp.

I only deal with numbers. 

After this weekend it will only be about 15mil or so away and that’s totally doable considering that it has no competition.

1 minute ago, efialtes76 said:

Manhunt will lose showtimes...

Yeah, well lets hope JL makes 100+, it can use every buck. I don't remember how many showtimes zootopia had on it's second weekend but if coco does 40M+ it will take some showtimes i imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Assie said:

Thats not that hard isn't china 8 times bigger? 

Well Coco exploded in Mexico and is on $50m+. It's the largest movie there I think, beating The Avengers (have to verify this, not sure). While Pixar hasn't been really successful in China. Earlier this year CARS3 did $16m in Mexico and $21m in China. So considering Coco did huge in Mexico, China doing 2-3x that was not really on the cards imo.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Well Coco exploded in Mexico and is on $50m+. It's the largest movie there I think, beating The Avengers (have to verify this, not sure). While Pixar hasn't been really successful in China. Earlier this year CARS3 did $16m in Mexico and $21m in China. So considering Coco did huge in Mexico, China doing 2-3x that was not really on the cards imo.

This. Coco is destroying previous Pixar figures in China. It is really hard to beat Zootopia, but DM3 is not unreachable

Edited by peludo