XenoZodiac

Most overrated film in IMDb top 10

Maybe half of them are awsome.And I say they are overrated , I didn't mean they are bad.Many are pretty average.Of cource in my opinion.I'm not that fond of dated movies.

Edited by Olive

[*]The Shawshank Redemption -Top 15

[*]The Godfather -Yes

[*]The Godfather: Part II - Top 25

[*]Pulp Fiction - Top 100

[*]The Good, the Bad And the Ugly - Top 25

[*]12 Angry Men - Top 25

[*]Schindler's List - Top 100

[*]The Dark Knight - Top 30

[*]The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King - Top 30

[*]Fight Club -Top 30

TDK is obviously the most overrated movie in the top 10 (and that's coming from a fan). TDKR is the most overrated movie in the top 100. Fight Club is borderline. It wouldn't be in my top 10, but I can understand why it's there. It's one of those movies that defined a generation, like Easy Rider or The Breakfast Club. The message of the movie (though dated) is more important than the actual movie itself.

Tie: Fight Club and The Dark KnightThe IMDB rankings are a joke.Inception is at #14, The Matrix is at #18, Seven at #23, and so on...Gee, I wonder what demo does most of the voting? Answer: 20-something white males who can't differentiate between clever and pseudo-clever, because they spent their formative years playing worthless video games, guzzling Mountain Dew, and saying things like, "Cool story, BRAH" or "My bad!" or simply "DURRRRRRRRRRRRR!"Read a fucking book.

Edited by YoursTruly

Tie: Fight Club and The Dark KnightThe IMDB rankings are a joke.Inception is at #14, The Matrix is at #18, Seven at #23, and so on...Gee, I wonder what demo does most of the voting?Answer: 20-something white males who can't differentiate between clever and pseudo-clever, because they spent their formative years playing worthless video games, guzzling Mountain Dew, and saying things like, "Cool story, BRAH" or "My bad!" or simply "DURRRRRRRRRRRRR!"Read a fucking book.

these types of opinions makes me angry :angry:
  • Like 2

A light that burns twice as bright burns half as long, and you have burned so very bright Roy.

Aaah yes, that should be in the top 10-20-50. That movie, for me, is close to perfection. But it is all subjective, obviously. It also has the "boring" tag, and that's okay by me. I can kinda see why it would be called that, in this day and age.

IMDb top 10:

[*]The Shawshank Redemption DID NOT ENJOY

[*]The Godfather DID NOT ENJOY

[*]The Godfather: Part II DID NOT WATCH AS PER ABOVE

[*]Pulp Fiction

[*]The Good, the Bad And the Ugly

[*]12 Angry Men

[*]Schindler's List ONE OF MY FAVOURITE MOVIES EVER!

[*]The Dark Knight VERY OVERRATED

[*]The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King

[*]Fight Club

http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

The others I have no seen, but my girlfriend and I are currently going through the IMDB Top 250 list and watching all of the movies

Edited by Robertron

IMDb top 10:

[*]The Shawshank Redemption Deserving of a Top 50 ranking

[*]The Godfather Completely Deserving

[*]The Godfather: Part II Not in my Top 10, but still Deserving

[*]Pulp Fiction I think it's overrated a lot, but I understand its placement

[*]The Good, the Bad And the Ugly Completely Deserving

[*]12 Angry Men Deserving of a Top 25 ranking

[*]Schindler's List Deserving of a Top 25 ranking

[*]The Dark Knight Overrated, not even Top 100 ranking

[*]The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King Overrated, maybe a Top 100 ranking.

[*]Fight Club Very Overrated, definitely outside the Top 100

Edited by 4815162342

Shawshank is one. I liked it, I did. But it just didn't hook me in enough to say it warrants being compared with the greatest films of all time.But, to me, the one that is easily the most overrated film of all time is Forrest Gump. I don't think it belongs in the top 250, let alone in the top 20. BTTF is the best Zemeckis film hands down.

Edited by ShAAken not Stirred™
  • Like 1