XenoZodiac

Most overrated film in IMDb top 10

Blade runner or 2001 should be in top 10.

Well, I never liked Blade Runner, it got me extremely bored. I agree with a critic who thought it should have been named Blade Crawler, not Blade Runner.Didn't yet see 2001, plan on seeing it asap.

[*]The Shawshank Redemption Overrated for sure.

[*]The Godfather Only seen once, but fine.

[*]The Godfather: Part II Only seen once, but fine.

[*]Pulp Fiction Good where it is.

[*]The Good, the Bad And the Ugly Seen once a long time ago, but fine.

[*]12 Angry Men Haven't seen.

[*]Schindler's List Should be in top 5.

[*]The Dark Knight Slightly overrated.

[*]The Lord of the Ring: The Return of the King Overrated for sure.

[*]Fight Club Among my favourites, so fine.

1. Shawshank Redemption

A great, dramatic, uplifting story, but I don't believe I would put it in the top 10, certainly not at #1. Overrated

2. The Godfather

While it is not necessarily 100% flawless, it is, nonetheless, a very tense, layered narrative about the corruption of a young man who is torn between love of family hatred for the business they're in. Filled with great performances and an ending that doesn't take the easy way out. Not overrated

3. The Godfather 2

Possibly the best "reluctant to direct" film ever made and arguably the best origin story ever told. It magnificently parallels the further corruption of Michael with the rise to power of Vito (a corruption in and of itself). Not overrated

4. Pulp Fiction

A very inventive use of narrative with some interesting characters and a take on many different genres simultaneously. Still, I don't know if I would have it at #4. Slightly overrated

5. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

Haven't seen it straight through. N/R

6. 12 Angry Men

Brilliant use of 12 distinct personalities, very effective use of exposition and visuals. The "same knife" scene is etched into my mind to this day. Not overrated

7. Schindler's list

Spielberg's opus. A film that no one can say is "cloyingly sentimental" on his part. Not overrated

8. The Dark Knight

A rich, thrilling crime drama that kept me on the edge of my seat. One of the best endings in cinema. Not overrated

9. Lord of the Rings: ROTK

Epic battles and a satisfying conclusion, even if the numerous teaser endings did get a bit repetitive. Very slightly overrated

10. Fight Club

Great film, up until the last 3rd, where I feel it went off the rails. Overrated

Lord of the Rings ROTK. It's a good movie, but not much more than that. Certainly not something that I would consider very good. It is below the other 9 movies on that list. While some arguably do not belong in the top 10, the movie that is the most over-rate is clearly ROTK.

• Like 1

IMDB TOP 250 = TOP OVERRATED MOVIES

I think this is an absolutely ridiculous statement. Ofcourse, there will always be.some films people think are overrated, but yhere are many films in the top 250 that are fully deserving of being there. I'm sure you wouldn't be able to compile a full list of 250 films that are better than the best on the list.
  • Like 3