iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

Depends if audiences see it as a christmas movie, "Arthur Christmas" and "A Christmas Carol" dropped like a rock after christmas, so even 100m aren't locked at the moment. Let's hope it's another "Tangled" over the holidays.

100m is locked. Edited by Fake

Depends if audiences see it as a christmas movie, "Arthur Christmas" and "A Christmas Carol" dropped like a rock after christmas, so even 100m aren't locked at the moment. Let's hope it's another "Tangled" over the holidays.But WTF @ SLP. What a horrible job by the studio. That movie could be past 30m right now. It's really time to expand. There was so much space the last two weekends, i just don't get it.

I have a feeling that they're doing the same thing Sony is doing with Zero Dark Thirty. They're waiting for Academy Award nominations to finally be announced, and after that, they'll release it wide.Though, they released it way to soon if they want to do that... It might as well fail...

No. No, it's not. Stop being dense. I bet you were one of those clowns that said AVATAR was a flop after its opening weekend too.

$85 million for any movie the week before Chistmas is not bad.

THE HOBBIT will be fine.

TH is no AVATAR and PJ is no JC. This film will not flop, but Avatar legs? Not a chance in hell. Not even close.
  • Like 2

I would rate Hobbit's domestic performance at around B/B-. Not bad but not good as well. But its OS performance is just awful. LOTR was a global phenomenon and this with 9 years of inflation/better exchange rates/expanding markets/3D should at worst make Pirates 4 kind of total. But its performance is shockingly bad. I would rate its OS performance as D-.

• Like 1

Harvey doesn`t know what the fuck he`s doing (he also fucked up Django`s awards chances by not sending screeners to SAG on time because he ddin`t press on QT to make him fuckin mind and cut the movie on time) but I guess that quality of his movies is saving his ass now more than his bullish campaign tactics.

They used to be so good at it going way back to Miramax. Have the Weinsteins lost a step.

They need to expand SLP soon, it's been in theatres for almost a month now. They can't wait another month for a huge expansion. Expand next weekend and tide the holiday wave out, And ROG has another highly optimistic weekend estimate. Probably will go down substantially.

They need to expand SLP soon, it's been in theatres for almost a month now. They can't wait another month for a huge expansion. Expand next weekend and tide the holiday wave out,

And ROG has another highly optimistic weekend estimate. Probably will go down substantially.

Ray Subers@raysubers

Curious when Silver Linings will expand nationwide? Here's a clue: Oscar noms are on Jan. 10, and Jennifer Lawrence hosts #SNL on Jan. 19.

Seems it will indeed not expand until 11th or 18th of January. It's holding up great in limited release, but I'm not sure it has THAT much gas in the tank.

Ray Subers@raysubers

Curious when Silver Linings will expand nationwide? Here's a clue: Oscar noms are on Jan. 10, and Jennifer Lawrence hosts #SNL on Jan. 19.

Seems it will indeed not expand until 11th or 18th of January. It's holding up great in limited release, but I'm not sure it has THAT much gas in the tank.

It doesn't. If they're gonna wait that long the movie will be DOA come the expansion. Harvey's already botched up the release so badly it's sad.

SLP shouldn't wait because it has no chance of getting anywhere near the most noms. All the media will talk about regarding oscars will be The 3 L's. The 3 most nominated movies, Les Mis, Life of Pi, and Lincoln. Any mentions of SLP will almost be an afterthought.

Edited by riczhang