efialtes76

Thursday Numbers:TH1 $10.6m,Les Mis $9.4m,DU $8.7m....

Nobody was predicting 300 million. Stop trying to make Les Mis sound like a disappointment.

She's already conceding defeat. :P She's saying the target is Mamma Mia adjusted which is higher than what she was saying last week. ;)

"Dreamgirls" dropped another 30% on its 3rd day of wide release. Drops for "Les Miserables" were better for the last 2 days.

I know. And the difference between the drops for both films is not huge. Dreamgirls ended up with just a tad over 100 million. The thing is that fans of LM have completely let their passion for the property cloud their judgment. I saw several people say that it was a "lock for 200 m" and somebody actually predicted over 300 m domestic (??).

I know. And the difference between the drops for both films is not huge. Dreamgirls ended up with just a tad over 100 million. The thing is that fans of LM have completely let their passion for the property cloud their judgment. I saw several people say that it was a "lock for 200 m" and somebody actually predicted over 300 m domestic (??).

Still gonna go over 200, or come pretty damn close. It'll be at 130+ by next Sunday by my projections. With a boatload of Oscar noms ~10 or more, and Globes wins,at least one SAG win, and etc. that should carry the movie all the way through January and into February.

Nobody was predicting 300 million. Stop trying to make Les Mis sound like a disappointment.

Yes, they did. I'm going to try to find it. Somebody actually threw the number 375 m around. Now they will most likely change their tune, and act as if they NEVER expected a huge blockbuster, but you Mizheads were hyperventilating and predicting with your hearts, not with your heads. I saw the word "blockbuster" bandied about, and I even read some people saying that it would outgross MM ww.

Yes, they did. I'm going to try to find it. Somebody actually threw the number 375 m around. Now they will most likely change their tune, and act as if they NEVER expected a huge blockbuster, but you Mizheads were hyperventilating and predicting with your hearts, not with your heads. I saw the word "blockbuster" bandied about, and I even read some people saying that it would outgross MM ww.

375m was thrown around by me for the OS gross figure, not the DOM gross figure. Get real.

Still gonna go over 200, or come pretty damn close. It'll be at 130+ by next Sunday by my projections. With a boatload of Oscar noms ~10 or more, and Globes wins,at least one SAG win, and etc. that should carry the movie all the way through January and into February.

This is exactly what I mean: you are absolutely sure that the film will get "a boatload of Oscar noms" and you keep using words like "she conceded defeat" and such. Clearly, you take these silly matters too seriously, and like I said before, instead of enjoying the film and hoping for the best, you were overzealous, from day one, on your certainty that LM would not only become a box office behemoth that everybody would love, but a sure fire Oscar winner, which was sort of validate by the A cinemascore, although you know as well as I do that a property like LM, has a pre-existing fandom that would go to the theatre on the first day and give the film high marks. But hey, by all means, keep hyperventilating and acting as if LM is an Avatar/Titanic four quadrant giant...

It's a blockbuster whether it makes 150 or 200 or 375. Don't let blind hate affect your vision, cocho.

If it makes 150 it's a hit, not a blockbuster. Don't let 'blind' love affect you. The funny part is that although I love the play, and I loved the film, I am labeled a "hater" because I am being realistic about the film's box office potential. Whatever. :-)

This is exactly what I mean: you are absolutely sure that the film will get "a boatload of Oscar noms" and you keep using words like "she conceded defeat" and such. Clearly, you take these silly matters too seriously, and like I said before, instead of enjoying the film and hoping for the best, you were overzealous, from day one, on your certainty that LM would not only become a box office behemoth that everybody would love, but a sure fire Oscar winner, which was sort of validate by the A cinemascore, although you know as well as I do that a property like LM, has a pre-existing fandom that would go to the theatre on the first day and give the film high marks. But hey, by all means, keep hyperventilating and acting as if LM is an Avatar/Titanic four quadrant giant...

I am absolutely sure about the Oscar noms. Talk to any and all Academy members if you know any and they will corroborate what I'm saying. I don't predict any of my Oscars or guild awards without talking to Guild members, or Academy members first. The A cinemascore itself validated nothing as you've said because there is a pre-existing fandom. But, it is the breakdown of the cinemascore that meant everything. No single group surveyed by Cinemascore gave the movie anything less than an A, not an A-, an A. Women, the primary target of the movie even gave it an A+. This isn't the fandom talking, missus, this is true public love for the movie. Men under 25 are highly unlikely to be part of the fandom, but guess what Cinemascore they gave the movie? A fucking A.

:lol:Mizheads has a nice ring to it, but it's no Whimsom Whedon Worshippers
  • Like 1