Neo

Geostorm | 10.20.2017 | Dean Devlin directs. Gerard Butler, Andy Garcia. The world ends in IMAX 3D. New even more ridiculous and more awesome trailer on page 25

• Community Manager
3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Positive Telemachos is looking forward to KONG. 

If he was really looking forward to it he would have said KONG!

The exclamation point is important :P

4 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

SATELLITES THAT CONTROL THE FUCKING WEATHER? :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: 

HAARP has been around for years.  No joke.

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

what is the budget? If the budget is reasonable like San Andreas this could make some dough

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=6LVzcOz4Ra2K%2fpSNqIcUhg%3d%3d

I

Estimated Total Budget: $81,927,423
Total Granted Tax Credits: $23,739,049

I'm really not sure if that include all the re-shoot since it wrapped in February 2015, but it was a 58.17 million to 61.72 million net production (depending if they sell their tax credit 85 cent on the dollar or can use them) 2 year's ago. If it does not include the massive rework and re-shoot, add a 20 million dollar more or so.

The very long time between the expense started in late 2014 and when the revenue will start to enter, must hurt your ROI badly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

Foolish old Tele rambling and repeating himself again. Sad!

• Like 5

I trust Devlin. He directed 16 episodes of Leverage, which was one of the most consistently entertaining TV shows ever. (And several episodes of The Librarians, which might not be Leverage good, but it's still pretty damn fun.)

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Because it's like every disaster movie ever put together and then on steroids. That's why.

That's what "2012" was and that one had visuals worthy of being seen on the big screen. 

Whatever you think about Emmerichs stories, he's one of the greatest when it comes to visuals and also, when it comes to make them under budget. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davincicode1 said:

How is Gerard Butler still booking projects? Oh white privilege

I guess that people like Butler, Clive Owen (or during a long period Ryan Reynolds) that achieve to work so much as lead while many movie (and some really big, I mean the Last Knight trailer do not look like direct to video stuff budget, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e44QilQbvB0) ending up directly on home video all share some qualities.

1) They must be affordable and really easy to work with, all the way through from green light phase, filming, junket to the dvd commentaries. If you are like Bruce Willis and you stop drawing people in theater, you will rapidly end up in direct to dvd territory.

2) They must have I imagine a good level talents (cheap to film with, precise from take to take for SFX, does not need too many of them, writer/director/editor do not have to go around there limitations, etc...)

3) Extremely easy to cast in lead, that is where being a tall enough, really good looking and I imagine yes white help, lot of demands for those people.

4) Linked to #3, the big 6 studio release around 170 movie a year's, many of them use Owen/Butler type of actor in big roles, there is how many actor that are real box office draw anyway now, less than 100, you will have by definition many movie lead by people without a box office clout and track record, so why not use the proven to work without any issue, experimented actor like Butler, you need someone in front of the camera.

• Like 5

I could seriously name 100 other white guy actors in that age range more interesting and probably more profitable than Gerard Butler, so I don't think it's a race thing and much more a "Stupid box office executives seemingly have forgotten that 300 came out literally 10 years ago" thing. I mean I guess the first White House Down was a hit too but I'd take Aaron Taylor Johnson in Godzilla over watching this dude at this point. I guess I wasn't even that impressed by his Gods of Egypt ham because Jeremy Irons in Dungeons and Dragons is still spoiling me 17 years later!! 

Also, I had no idea that this was a documentary! Good to know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

https://fastlane.louisianaeconomicdevelopment.com/Film/FilmSearchDetails.aspx?ProjNum=6LVzcOz4Ra2K%2fpSNqIcUhg%3d%3d

I

Estimated Total Budget: $81,927,423
Total Granted Tax Credits: $23,739,049

I'm really not sure if that include all the re-shoot since it wrapped in February 2015, but it was a 58.17 million to 61.72 million net production (depending if they sell their tax credit 85 cent on the dollar or can use them) 2 year's ago. If it does not include the massive rework and re-shoot, add a 20 million dollar more or so.

The very long time between the expense started in late 2014 and when the revenue will start to enter, must hurt your ROI badly.

Great research. Thanks. Pretty low budget for a disaster movie. Maybe thats why it looks like a crap movie