iceroll

Weekend Numbers Jan 25-27 2013 HG 19 Parker 7

I'm probably not gonna make another trip to the cinema until that Wizard of Oz flick comes out. Ugh.

I can't wait until next weekend, not only will I be seeing Warm Bodies, but I also get to see Jaws, The Fifth Element, Battle Royale and Oldboy in the same theater.

I can't wait until next weekend, not only will I be seeing Warm Bodies, but I also get to see Jaws, The Fifth Element, Battle Royale and Oldboy in the same theater.

Wow... lucky!

Not sure about Warm Bodies, or when it comes out here. Looks decent but could probably wait til DVD.

$820,000 for A Haunted House.

I'm really surprised that ZDT, Django and LesMis didn't hold up better, especially given the combined performances of the openers.  A side effect of nominations being announced earlier this year I guess.

• Like 1

crap holds for everything except SLP and Lincoln. Also, hopefully Hobbit has its usual strong Saturday increase and can crawl past the 300m mark

Should jump about 120% today.As for 300m, it might even have to wait till discount theater expansion, it seems.

I mentioned on the podcast how nobody a year ago could have pegged Hobbit to BARELY make 300m domestic. Most of us were saying 400m+ until September or so. 

It's a moneymaker for sure, but for such a tentpole event film, it kind of came and went. 

• Like 2

$820,000 for A Haunted House.

I'm really surprised that ZDT, Django and LesMis didn't hold up better, especially given the combined performances of the openers.  A side effect of nominations being announced earlier this year I guess.

ZDT's legs are suspect considering that it dropped 35% last weekend despite the holiday weekend.

How is it a flop? It made money didnt it?

Well, there are flops and there are *FLOPS!*.  Even Movie 43 is going to make money since with a 6 mil budget  and next to no advertising even the miniscule numbers it will put up it will end in the black, but it's hard not to say flop when talking about it.

• Like 1

Not terrible for Hansel & Gretel, but not that good, either. It should finish the weekend with around $15 million.

Parker and Movie 43 are both duds. Parker is in line to be Jason Statham's weakest opening as a headliner, while Movie 43 failed to translate its star power into butts in seats (not that surprising considering that it looks more like torture than comedy).

Silver Linings Playbook had a great hold, especially when one considers how heavily everything else dropped from last Friday.

I mentioned on the podcast how nobody a year ago could have pegged Hobbit to BARELY make 300m domestic. Most of us were saying 400m+ until September or so. It's a moneymaker for sure, but for such a tentpole event film, it kind of came and went.

I did. I said it would struggle to make 300.
  • Like 2