Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

This just looks horrifically bad. I could be giving kids too much credit here, but I really don't think they will find the trailer funny either. As much as Minions sucked, I always thought the marketing for it was incredible for the kid appeal. This just seems like a miss on all levels. 

lame gags in the trailer and not much heart. with each promo grinch has taken a hit. gone from competiting with i2 to coming under wir2 dom.

the subject is not super os friendly either, and could be closer to sing's 360+ than slop's 500+.

thinking as low as 175 dom + 325 os = 500 ww

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, James said:

Lmao, I haven't seen the original, the Grinch is a non entity here, but this looks hilarious. And contrary to some of you here say, I think it will do decent OS too. 

Dr Seuss never does well OS, 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AJG said:

This looks like dogshit. Illumination strikes again.

That;s unfair to dogshit.

4 hours ago, James said:

Lmao, I haven't seen the original, the Grinch is a non entity here, but this looks hilarious. And contrary to some of you here say, I think it will do decent OS too. 

I got a sick feeling that by the original he does not mean the superb 1965 version, but the 2000 version.....

We are living in an age of cultural illiteracy folks.........

Edited by dudalb

9 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Illumination at it again....but who can blame them?

I don't blame Illumination....I blame the Lemmings who go see the mediocre to bad crap that Illuminatin generally puts out.

And even with the Despicible Me franchise...take away the Minions (the only really clever idea Illumination has had for along time) and you don't got much.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, James said:

In the English speaking world, The Grinch has become as well known a Holiday charecteer as Scrooge or Santa.

4 hours ago, bangbingchan said:

kids will love it.I expect more DannyElfman  Christmas score since The nightmare before Christmas

Oh it will make money, But then Shitty Movies often make money.

I like Danny Elfman but imho he lowered himself by doing this movie.