Neo

Dr. Seuss' The Grinch | Nov. 9 2018

It will make a lot of money and kids will like it. No real reason to get upset. Sure it's completely pointless but it's certainly not alone in that boat, lol

I wish they would just stop trying to adapt Dr. Seuss altogether. They only become as popular as they do through the nostalgia for the books.

• Like 1

I wish they would just stop trying to adapt Dr. Seuss altogether. They only become as popular as they do through the nostalgia for the books.

As long as producers are still trying to adapt stuff like Monopoly and the Magic card game into movies Dr Seuss will never be safe  :lol:

Seems odd to adapt the Grinch again considering the live action film was well receive and a financial hit although I'm not if it'll do as well this time around since Pixar has their 2017 November film as does DWA.

One of them is going to move  ;) I wouldn't bet against Illumination come 2017 

One of them is going to move ;) I wouldn't bet against Illumination come 2017

Pixar won't move as its a plum Thanksgiving slot, Dreamworks is a possibility but Illumination only real powerhouse is Despicable Me, Hop did okay and the Lorax did great domestically but not so well OS so its possible Grinch may do well in the US but not so hot OS. Edited by Jonwo

Pixar won't move as its a plum Thanksgiving slot, Dreamworks is a possibility but Illumination only real powerhouse is Despicable Me, Hop did okay and the Lorax did great domestically but not so well OS so its possible Grinch may do well in the US but not so hot OS.

Doctor Seuss adaptions don't do well overseas. Just look at how well The Grinch did.

I don't expect good numbers from other markets. Seuss is apparently not a global brand. It's gotta move.

There's so much animation.  11 movies in 2016, another 11 announced in 2017 already.  Pixar and DWA are fighting the same DAY in mid-June for both years!  Dory vs. Dragon.  Who's moving?

I reckon Dragon will move to June 3rd and Dory stays put or move Trolls to summer and release Dragon in November. DWA always stake the dates far in advance

So I guess I'm the only one happy about this news then? Animation has been great to Suess for the most part, and the only reason Lorax was disappointing to me was because it got way too heavy handed with its political message. Thankfully that won't be an issue for this though. And yes the original animated one is a classic, but let's be honest its showing its age at this point. An update would be nice if they do it well.