Taylor

Weekend Estimates (Identity Thief: $36.6M, Warm Bodies $11.5M, Side Effects: $10M)

I'm curious how long new theatres are expected to take to become consistantly busy.

We opened Kingwood on 6/18/10, so it we started off busy as hell. That summer was a blur to me in all honesty.

We opened here on 2/1/13 and it was terribly slow.  Admittedly there are mostly R rated movies and it is February too, so that doesn't help.  

Great for Identity Thief. But really I'm more impressed with Hansel and Gretel's and Mama's legs.  Definitely two throw away movies.  Mama over 60m with a 15m dollar budget is most impressive. 

Quite an Oscar push. It's expanded multiple times since Jan. Very surprising since its available for download as well.And H&G just added 21M+ or so OS for the past week.

I have to smile when I see the difference between critics and audience for H&G, 15% vs 63%. It can't be often you get a 4x difference.

I see IT is over 3x too, 24% vs. 74%.

For all the people raving about the drops/holds from last weekend, you seem to be forgetting that LAST WEEKEND WAS THE SUPER BOWL.

According to BOM, the weekend after last year's Super Bowl went up 80%. This weekend is projected to go up closer to 30%. So nothing to get super excited about.

Saw Hitchcock today. Huge surprise. One of the most underrated movies of the last few months. Hopkins was terrific.

Also saw Warm Bodies. I had a lot of fun with it. Nicholas Hoult and Teresa Palmer were great.

Fuckin TH, WB just won`t let it under 1000 theaters. Any hope it`s gonna make under $100,000 daily from now on and a huge TC loss next weekend? Die TH die!

Next weekend we will have 4 movies opening over 3000 theaters and one of them will open in over 3500 theaters. I am sure everything will see high TC drops outside of Identity Thief/Side Effects.

Edited by CJohn