Shawn Robbins

Thursday Numbers (Valentine's Day) Safe Haven - $8.9 million DH: 8.1, IT 5.3 WB/BC 2.5

Nikki calling Beautiful Creatures a bomb now...lol.....and Warm Bodies showing some deserved legs

‘Die Hard 5′ And ‘Safe Haven’ $10M-$11M On Valentines Day; ‘Beautiful Creatures’ Bombs

inShare0

Posted ImageTHURSDAY 8:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: My sources say Fox’s A Good Day To Die Hard around $10M-$11M and Relativity’s Safe Haven around $9M-$10M are still battling it out for Valentine’s Day supremacy. Universal’s holdover Identity Thief will be #3 with around $6M. Summit Entertainment/Lionsgate’s two week old Warm Bodies #4 with around $3M. And to complete the Top Five, Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures looks to open with a very disappointing $3M-$4M.

Edited by Ryan Reynolds

Nikki calling Beautiful Creatures a bomb now...lol.....and Warm Bodies showing some deserved legs

‘Die Hard 5′ And ‘Safe Haven’ $10M-$11M On Valentines Day; ‘Beautiful Creatures’ Bombs

inShare0

Posted ImageTHURSDAY 8:30 PM, 3RD UPDATE: My sources say Fox’s A Good Day To Die Hard around $10M-$11M and Relativity’s Safe Haven around $9M-$10M are still battling it out for Valentine’s Day supremacy. Universal’s holdover Identity Thief will be #3 with around $6M. Summit Entertainment/Lionsgate’s two week old Warm Bodies #4 with around $3M. And to complete the Top Five, Warner Bros’ Beautiful Creatures looks to open with a very disappointing $3M-$4M.

Whats wrong with her calling Beautiful Creatures a bomb?

This was intended to be a franchise starter and it's just opened to $2.7m on Valentines Day.

Anyway, good for Die Hard and Safe Haven. Just a shame that they're both absolutely shite.

Whats wrong with her calling Beautiful Creatures a bomb?This was intended to be a franchise starter and it's just opened to $2.7m on Valentines Day.Anyway, good for Die Hard and Safe Haven. Just a shame that they're both absolutely shite.

I think once Safe Haven falls hard Beautiful Creatures will improve, but this is a terrible opening.

She's so bad. I love it

Poor Josh Duhamel. She didnt have to go in on him like that. Altho i did laugh

I honestly don`t get compassion for Mr Fergie. he`s bland and forgettable and kept relevant only by the default of being a popular singer`s hubby. You cna cut and paste anyone into his cardboard cutouts (TF movies,anyone?) and get the same result.

Besides, it`s Legend Hough who opened this.

McClane is once again getting the last laugh!

For it's OD DH5 has made more than the OW for Parker, Last Stand and BTTH!!

Bad comparisson. It isn`t like Parker and fuckwit from BTTH whatever his name was are iconic characters. It`s DH brand that opens more than Bruce power.

Bad comparisson. It isn`t like Parker and fuckwit from BTTH whatever his name was are iconic characters. It`s DH brand that opens more than Bruce power.

Not really. Branding isn't everything or else Terminator Salvation would've done better.

While people do really like Die Hard they also seem to still really have a love for Bruce Willis in these roles. I think you discount or dismiss that to your own failing. 

• Like 1

My favorite part of the Nikki article: (“What reviews? There are reviews on this movie?,” the Fox exec laughed. “The reports we got from late night shows were people cheering and clapping and just rolling with the movie the way you would expect.”)

the FOX exec is either lying or stupid lol

Make love, not war: SAFE HAVEN topped DIE HARD 5 on V-Day--$9M vs. $8M.

Kind of meh for Die Hard. Especially if the 840k figure is included. Even with a hearty increase today, it'll pull maybe half of Taken 2's weekend. 

Good for Safe Haven. I'm curious to see how WOM will be. 

Edited by Gopher

Make love, not war: SAFE HAVEN topped DIE HARD 5 on V-Day--$9M vs. $8M.

Kind of meh for Die Hard. Especially if the 840k figure is included. Even with a hearty increase today, it'll pull maybe half of Taken 2's weekend. 

No it's not but keep the haterade flowing. 

A 25-yr old franchise with a Thursday opening in February. That's not only good but historically good as well. 

It's on an estimated track to land it inside the top 6 for Feb openers if it stays on track for $40m+.

Your just lying to yourself. It's ok if you want to not like the film, even if it's just from previews. But keep an objective head about the numbers. 

Not really. Branding isn't everything or else Terminator Salvation would've done better.

While people do really like Die Hard they also seem to still really have a love for Bruce Willis in these roles. I think you discount or dismiss that to your own failing. 

People like Bruce as John McClane that`s true but the difference between DH5 and BTTH is that Sly wasn`t playing the beloved John Rambo. So it`s a mix of actor + character. Though Bruce still has a bigger pull than Statham who can`t act peirod and Sly who can`t pick the right roles outside of his comfort zone franchises. Because Bruce is generally a superior actor and tends to star in better movies.