Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

45 minutes ago, Jim Shorts said:

Hodor not always Hodor??  Hodor!

Makes you feel bad since the implication is that Ned or Benjen caused Hodor by unintentionally hitting him too hard in the head while sparring.

• Like 1

A better episode than the premiere for sure, but it still feels like we're rattling through a bunch of disparate scenes too quickly and with too little 'weight'. I know it's sympotamic of having so many storylines to juggle, but these 5 minute check ins feel consistently rushed and unsatisfying. That being said, the individual scenes themselves all 'worked' for me. Wun Wun the giant grabbing that poor Nights Watchman made me giggle.

4 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Makes you feel bad since the implication is that Ned or Benjen caused Hodor by unintentionally hitting him too hard in the head while sparring.

I've got a feeling the name Hodor will derive from something to do with a door. And that we might we said door in the episode of the same name (ep 5) via a Bran flashback (a Branback?).

Edited by solaris

tyrion lol

Spoiler

smoothwalking/talking his way through life since day 1

the queen-less gang looking positively despondent in mereen

come to think of it a lot of people were melancholical  cersei , melisandre even  laid back at least ramsay lashes out although dear me is he trying to compete with a certain vile character from TWD for cruelty

yeah your dad

Spoiler

is one thing he got what he deserved if for nothing else spawning you

you know everytime i saw that bridge on the iron islands castle i thought  of that scene and when is he going to tumble over? well finally 

i'm liking the casting of new characters so far, is the priest guy all in white also a brother of theon's dad like in the book?)

i think its crazy how tommen looks like he is the son of jaime and cersei loved their scenes together he's a sweet kid but in over his head 

Spoiler

poor jon though pulling a prank like that on his scooby-doo rag pack ,hey how does a dead man hold his breath ? by remaining stiff lollll seriously though i can't believe no one noticed ghost was sleeping !

that last scene i thought there'd be  a bonfire although 2nd time in the episode i expected one 

I don't think the Iron Islands priest is Aeron. He's just taking some of Aeron's role without the show having to wade into the Greyjoy family tree.

A shame, Victarion Greyjoy is such a Despicable Stupid Evil character he's kinda hilarious.

Spoiler talk is going to get complicated now.  The books are far ahead with the Iron Islands but now behind in other areas.

Even without the public holiday ratings were still huge this week in Australia.  They barely dropped from the premier.

The primetime replay was the top STV show for the day at 351,000 viewers. That was up on last week’s 285,000 when a public holiday drove more fans to the 11am screening.

But the 11am screening was still a huge drawcard, pulling 330,000 viewers, if down on last week’s 396,000.

Overall the 681,000 was still a bumper crowd, even if it was down on ANZAC Day’s 727,000 viewers -a number that has since lifted to 777,000 viewers. Its cumulative audience is now at 1.09m viewers.

Edited by DeeCee

That was a solid character episode, even though it was fairly quiet I enjoyed it almost as much as the last one.  The ending had the right hint of sadness and gravity to it, and the TOJ fight scene was lit.

I reckon now

Ramsay is going to write the pink letter to Jon with Rickon as his captive and that'll set off Jon to go on a major revenge spree.

That also makes me really nervous for Osha and Rickon.  I wanted them back on the show, but not like this.  I'm especially sad that Shaggydog died, there's only 3 direwolves left now and one is MIA (although not in the books).

I am also really glad you can see how death affected Jon right off the bat, exactly how a death/res should be handled if it's going to happen.  It's obvious he's not the same Jon anymore, and I'm also glad this is going to allow him to have plotlines that aren't just the Wall.

Lots of really strong sequences the last two episodes. The first episode was kind of a necessary appendix episode but the last two have been a better start than last year. It still feels like they aren't staying quite long enough with characters/moments to build momentum, but the craft is as good as ever. 

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 1

Good episode overall but seriously how to essentially limp through The tower if joy which should of been one of the greatest scenes in GOT The Sword of the Morning like did he even use Dawn like it didnt even look anything like it was described in the book. Uh so much great dialogue was cut. Overall still a 8.5/10 should of been a 10/10 if they had captured the tension and imagery the book presented.

Edited by theStun

Curious where Ser Gerlold Hightower was during the fight? 

Kind of a letdown these lines weren't in the scene:

"Our knees do not bend easily."

"The Kingsguard does not flee.  Then, or now..we swore a vow."

Edited by Jim Shorts
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Better episode tonight, although I seem to only really care about the Stark kids thesedays. Even Tyrion's storyline has gotten repetitive.

Tyrion's storyline today just seemed like a way to squeeze in more screen time for him because of how much they pay Dinklage.

I know something will come out of it, but they really could have cut the waiting for Varys part and had more ToJ.  That'd be my only real complaint about the episode.

7 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

Curious where Ser Gerlold Hightower was during the fight? 

Kind of a letdown these lines weren't in the scene:

"Our knees do not bend easily."

"The Kingsguard does not flee.  Then, or now..we swore a vow."

Maybe we'll see him inside the Tower when Bran revisits