Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

On 5/24/2019 at 10:43 PM, MovieMan89 said:

I feel like the very negative reaction of this final season on the whole is going to make things much much worse for them than it already was going to be. The sour taste the ending left will also reflect on HBO for many viewers. Opposed to if it had ended on a high note, people would probably be more willing to trust that HBO had more quality content coming and give it a shot. 

I don't know, HBO still produced two of the best shows of the year (Barry, Chernobyl) and they were running concurrently with GoT's last season. Their quality control outside of GoT is incredible.

I didn't want to comment when it was fresh but I just want to say that Arya getting the hell out of Westeros as soon as her siblings got their thrones (didn't even wait for Sansa coronation lol) is the best commentary on the state of the affairs. :lol:

The queen has delivered!!! :sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah::sarah:

On another note, can we all just agree that Lindsay Ellis is by far the best YouTube critic, and one of the best overall? Like, she just dives deep into even the shittiest of the Hollywood products, I watched and loved the Bright analysis and I haven't even seen Bright.

• Like 1

The show in season 7 had huge flaws but was very fun...

I would say the death of the night king pretty much what killed the show in the last season. 

I would say by ending the show badly, the likely has lost 100s of millions of of future revenue through spin offs and such. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I would say by ending the show badly, the likely has lost 100s of millions of of future revenue through spin offs and such. 

Also in terms of future streaming value for the show itself. I know so many fans who can’t rewatch now because of knowing how it all goes to shit at the last minute. That’s less value and subscribers for HBOMax.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Also in terms of future streaming value for the show itself. I know so many fans who can’t rewatch now because of knowing how it all goes to shit at the last minute. That’s less value and subscribers for HBOMax.

I have zero interest in watching that shoe again.

Even though I rewatched the show 2 3 times.before season 8.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

A vocal minority of angry "fans" kept predicting doom for the show after it left the books behind, but GoT ended as the most popular and acclaimed show in the world - gaining viewers every single season for 8 years. Season 8 also dominated other TV shows in DVD sales in 2019. After being proven wrong for so long (the last episode was the most-watched of the series, and an all-time record for HBO), it seems the goalpost has moved to the success of hypothetical spin-offs...

(Would they fail as badly as Better Call Saul?)

:Gaga:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

A vocal minority of angry "fans" kept predicting doom for the show after it left the books behind, but GoT ended as the most popular and acclaimed show in the world - gaining viewers every single season for 8 years. Season 8 also dominated other TV shows in DVD sales in 2019. After being proven wrong for so long (the last episode was the most-watched of the series, and an all-time record for HBO), it seems the goalpost has moved to the success of hypothetical spin-offs...

I think a small minority started hating on the show since Season 5 but i think a vast majority of people thought season 8 was just oof. 

Of course GOT season 8 was going to break all records for TV viewership people wanted to know how a story built over so many years ended. 

As I said the show mostly had the support of fans till about the The Long Night Episode. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think a small minority started hating on the show since Season 5 but i think a vast majority of people thought season 8 was garbage. 

That is what some Internet "fans" said about season 7, then season 8 was even more popular. The small minority of angry viewers who jumped late on the GoT bandwagon and expected a heroic happy ending has been proven irrelevant for what matters to HBO, ratings.

• Haha 1

The problems I had with the later seasons won't spoil the things I liked about the show.

Even if I thought Season 8 ended up being poorly handled, there'll always be Episode 2 of the season, A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, which is easily a Top 5 episode of the whole show.

25 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

That is what some Internet "fans" said about season 7, then season 8 was even more popular. The small minority of angry viewers who jumped late on the GoT bandwagon and expected a heroic happy ending has been proven irrelevant for what matters to HBO, ratings.

Season 8 was popular because it was a great story-line, it was just poorly executed. 

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

People (as in, a big chunk rather than a few vocal whiners) didn’t truly sour on it until the last 3-4 episodes. Of course that’s not going to be reflected in direct viewership of S8, but it still has brutal implications for the shows legacy in $$ and culture.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

People (as in, a big chunk rather than a few vocal whiners) didn’t truly sour on it until the last 3-4 episodes. Of course that’s not going to be reflected in direct viewership of S8, but it still has brutal implications for the shows legacy in $$ and culture.

Yeah people were so invested in the show they wanted to see it end... 

Even the battle of Winterfell was still mostly liked by people but it was the episodes after that sort of were um 😓

18 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah people were so invested in the show they wanted to see it end... 

Even the battle of Winterfell was still mostly liked by people but it was the episodes after that sort of were um 😓

If I ever re-watch the series I'll probably stop after The Long Night to be honest. It was flawed but at least some exciting and emotional moments, whereas the last 3 episodes left me numb. 

That being said, I'm still pretty pumped for House of the Dragon...

• Like 2