Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Come on not single shot of what dragon and Danny ended up...

Wtf...

Fuck dumb and dumber..

I'm starting to think maybe they didn't like writing her character either, but she was not a side character like Stannis and Barristan Selmy, so they couldn't just kill her off once they ran out of material. 

After episode 3, they needed to really nail the final 3 episodes for the overall show to work. Instead they were 3 of the worst in the entire run. All this despite having great shots, good acting, and plot points that in theory could be made to work with proper development.     

• Like 1

This is so lucky it has literally zero competition for the Emmy this year due to none of its competitors being in the running. I'm gonna laugh when it inevitably wins the Emmy though. Feels like they only started rewarding the show once the quality started to slow down but hey, that's the Emmys for ya.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

nothing, don't watch past season 6 if you love seasons 1 and 2.

If you like spectacle, go ahead and watch season 7.

If you care about your brain cells, avoid season 8 at all costs.

To be honest, I did enjoy the hell out of everything to do with the Brotherhood without Banners. So season 7 wasn't totally lost. And Hound and Tormund were a delight to watch.

LMAO

I knew the finale would be rushed as soon as I saw the Night King die unceremoniously. It meant that whatever shit they conjured for the last episodes had to happen, and it had to happen fast. 

Which meant it would be rushed.

Which meant it would be a shitshow and an unsatisfying ending to the series.

So glad the MCU stuck the landing...

Afraid of what December has in store for us now -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Honestly I'm a little mad there wasn't even more fuckery in this episode like the last two.

When Bronn showed up at the end on the council I was fully expecting some hilarious foulmouthed lines from him.  They couldn't even deliver on that.

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Afraid of what December has in store for us now -_-

Don’t worry, it’ll turn out great.  

Karen Gillan is killing it with the blockbusters recently.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

I know nothing about this show. Never watched an episode. But my timeline is telling me how awful this season and season finale has been. So when I watch it, I’m just gonna not watch this season and end it with the season before :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Disbelief 1

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

I know nothing about this show. Never watched an episode. But my timeline is telling me how awful this season and season finale has been. So when I watch it, I’m just gonna not watch this season and end it with the season before :ph34r:

Yep. I heard the same things about Dexter. It's good till the season with Julia Stiles in it. So, I did watch up until the season she is introduced, and I stopped watching. 

• Like 1

I will say that Game of Thrones didn't go out anywhere nearly as badly as Dexter did. Simply on account that it wasn't going up against Breaking Bad showing the world what a real knockout final season looks like at the same time, but also because the action was pretty good.

Edited by filmlover

BTW I felt this episode was very well directed.

Probably the biggest discrepancy I've seen between the quality of the directing and the quality of the writing happened on this show, and in the last 2 episodes of this series.

Big props to the technical department and the directors for their visual flair and hard work.

The writers... that's another story.

And yes I'm aware that D&D both wrote and directed the last episode. Their writing was shit but I loved how they directed it. The atmosphere and mood in the beginning of this episode was hella impressive.

A good book or television series sucks me into its world and leaves me feeling rather wistful or melancholy afterward. Game of Thrones is over, and while there is much that can be said, I am going to miss the characters a great deal. Many of these characters were compelling and complex, revealing different struggles to be good and to find purpose in the world, and I was invested in them over the eight seasons. I’m glad I did finally listen (seven seasons late) to my many friends who said I need to watch the show. On to the next adventure!

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ
  • Like 3

I was waiting for like one last big twist... the ending where they followed the 3 Starks(including Jon) was cool. I was like wait.. they aren’t showing Bran. Considering where the last shot of the show was, it would have transitioned perfectly to a shot of Bran in his chambers... his eyes suddenly glowing blue. He was/is now the Night King! Boom... end of show with one last oh shit moment.  But nope... just ended.

Edited by Cookson