Ezen Baklattan

Early Weekend #s - The Call Ahead Of Wonderstone!

Hahah "The Call 2: Redial" haha I like the Incarnadine. I can see Halle's monologue in the sequel - "I don't know who you are, I don't know why you called, but I will use redial, I will use caller ID, I will use the operator, I will text you, I will find out who you are, and I will 1-800-your-ass. Run and tell that next time the ghostbusters ask "who you gonna call".

^ And Academy Award for best actress goes to! haha

Edited by jandrew
  • Like 7

http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/1-oz-holding-huge-for-143m-domestic-halle-berry-shocks-for-2-in-the-call-and-beats-steve-carell-jim-carrey-in-no-way-incredible-burt-wonderstone-warner-bros-5th-straight-bomb/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1. Oz The Great and Powerful (Disney) Week 2 [Runs 3,912] PGFriday $11.4M,  Saturday 18.8M, Weekend $42.0M, Cume $144.9M

2. The Call (Troika/TriStar/Sony) NEW [Runs 2,507] RFriday $6.2M, Saturday $7.0M, Weekend $17.2M

3. The Incredible Burt Wonderstone (Warner Bros) NEW [Runs 3,160] PG13Friday $3.7M, Saturday $4.1M, Weekend $10.5M

Hahah "The Call 2: Redial" haha I like the Incarnadine. I can see Halle's monologue in the sequel - "I don't know who you are, I don't know why you called, but I will use redial, I will use caller ID, I will use the operator, I will text you, I will find out who you are, and I will 1-800-your-ass. Run and tell that next time the ghostbusters ask "who you gonna call".

^ And Academy Award for best actress goes to! haha

:rofl:

Awesome.

The Call has to be one of those random movies that brought out a big urban audience. Happens every now and then, nobody ever expects it. Because for most people I imagine there's literally nothing about the movie that warranted seeing it in theaters. Halle Berry is a big name but she's never exactly been a draw.

I was predicting 12M for Burt and though my prediction is really low... Wow. I think comedy and romance are my two favourite genres when they have some qualities but it's really hard to find them these days. Jim was fantastic in 90s or Frant Pack in 2001-2005 but since that? I don't like Apatow and Sandler made movies like Jack and Jill. I think studios make less movies than they did 10 years ago and they're more interested in franchises with huge OS grosses and merchandising.

Edited by bapi

Either Olivia Wilde doesn't know how to pick the right scripts or her luck is really, really crappy.

Neither. SHE is really, really crappy. No charisma, no charm, no likable personality. Gets a pass from guys just because she`s kinda hot though in a creepy way so I can see why GA isn`t tripping over themselves to watch her. She`s like Kate Bosworth 2.0. Not gonna happen. They tried so hard with Bosworth it was ridiculous. Surfer flick where she`s in a bikini 100% of the time. Flop. Big franchise. A non-starter. Oscah vehicle. :rofl: Showmance with then hyped next big thing (Borelando). He flopped and his fangirls hated the showmance anyway. Shwomance with still hyped next thing (ASkaars). He hasn`t properly crossed over into movies and by the look of it (Battleship, Straw Dogs) never will. She doesn`t have real fandom but has real haters. All her movies flopped. Bosworth and Wilde are what I call Unexplicables - despite flops and non-existing fandom they keep working. No one has any explanation why.

Edited by fishnets