fmpro

Weekend Estimates (Easter 2013) pg 13

I've literally no idea how these toys are selling in Europe. I knew Transformers toys even if I didn't have such toys myself, but GIJoe was a complete zero with me until the first film. So I guess NA audiences are far more important for this franchise, same as for Oz, since that's where the tie-in business is.

Difference is, Joe didn't admit to using steroids and will have an afterlife in Europe.

I'd say the blatant. sudden delay for "3-D post conversion" that also ended up including some reshoots qualifies. ;)

• Like 3

I'd say the blatant. sudden delay for "3-D post conversion" that also ended up including some reshoots qualifies. ;)

Maybe not stanizol or deca durabolin but I think that does qualify for legal steroids, like an HGH prescribed through a physician. :)

It will. Summer would be probably as strong as last year's except for one big thing: there will be no Avengers performance this year. Possibly no TDKR performance either. And fall and Holiday seasons look weaker than last year, so I see no way this year can ever catch up.

I agree that it will never catch up, but summer should be stronger. May especially should be very big, I'd even go so far as to say there's potential for 140m tickets or something like $1.176b.

I agree that it will never catch up, but summer should be stronger. May especially should be very big, I'd even go so far as to say there's potential for 140m tickets or something like $1.176b.

July will sink compared to last year.

Yeah, it's a wild card. But last July wasn't as strong as some seem to think, it was actually less thatn 2010 and 2011.

Mid July will beat records for the weakest of all-time. Turbo isn't opening over 30M (I doubt it is opening over 25M with a Wednesday OD) and Red 2 will disappoint. RIPD is going to be delayed, Universal is releasing Kick Ass 2 in this weekend OS. I bet RIPD is going to be released on the Easter weekend of 2014.

Edited by CJohn

As long as there's a strong beginning. Also, you really can't get much worse than August 2012, so there's sure to be an increase there. Really, apart from July, all the summer months should improve.

Yes, August looks good. With 2 Guns, Smurfs 2, 300, Elysium, Percy Jackson, Kick Ass and Mortal Instruments I think it will easily increase.