fmpro

Weekend Estimates (Easter 2013) pg 13

If there was ever a movie that needed Michael Bay, this is it.I thought this was just a loud piece of celluloid with not one shred of coherent thought behind it. People show up places that they have no reason to be. Characters know things they shouldn't know. People get places they should never be able to get to and stuff shows up conveniently when it needs to. It must be nice to show up at an abandoned gym and have an arsenal of weapons waiting there for you, when the place has been abandoned for 2 years.Just a really stupid movie, but fun pockets along the way.

You perfectly described Michael Bay's movies. LOL. 

• Like 8

If there was ever a movie that needed Michael Bay, this is it.I thought this was just a loud piece of celluloid with not one shred of coherent thought behind it. People show up places that they have no reason to be. Characters know things they shouldn't know. People get places they should never be able to get to and stuff shows up conveniently when it needs to. It must be nice to show up at an abandoned gym and have an arsenal of weapons waiting there for you, when the place has been abandoned for 2 years.Just a really stupid movie, but fun pockets along the way.

This EXACTLY describes Terminator 3!

Oh wait, John Connor conveniently meets his wife, who just happens to have a dad who runs Cyberdyne, who conveniently developed Skynet.

Oh Wait, John's wife has a plane she used to train on in the hanger of the exact building Skynet attacks in their initial attack.

Oh wait, The T850 knows exactly where to find John Connor, although he has been living off the grid for years.

Oh wait, John's wife reminds him of his mother. How convenient. 

Oh wait, John and Kate know the exact pages in the manual to unlock the nuclear fallout shelter at the end of the movie. 

Reminds me a lot of Michael Bay movies as well like Transformers 2 and 3. Most of these action movies are devoid of any thought. So tired of it.

• Like 2

Thursday's top movies: #1 G.I. JOE 2 - $10.5M, #2 THE CROODS - $5M ($62M), #3 OZ - $2.4M ($186M)

Joe needs something like a 100% bump today from Thursday proper (8.3m) to start okay. We have no frame of reference here so I don't know if that's possible or not. 

If Croods follows Dragon it'll do 27.6m this weekend. If it follows Rio it'll do 31.6m. 

Olympus definitely got hit by Joe if it fell behind Oz. Say goodbye to 100m. 

• Like 2

Cinemascore IMO arent useless, but they should be taken with more grains of salt. A B- minus is considered poor, when in reality, anyone will take a B-. I dont use CS to judge legs, they're just not utterly accurate.

It lost 0.5 M. Panic mode!

It's actually gone down 1.5 million from the first estimate. Was 12, then 11 and now 10.5. I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop a bit further either. I really don't believe it will hit 40 mil for the 4 day now.

It's actually gone down 1.5 million from the first estimate. Was 12, then 11 and now 10.5. I wouldn't be surprised to see it drop a bit further either. I really don't believe it will hit 40 mil for the 4 day now.

Well that's a huge difference. Ha ha.

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice

35m

Thursday's top movies: #1 G.I. JOE 2 - $10.5M, #2 THE CROODS - $5M ($62M), #3 OZ - $2.4M ($186M)

Joe needs something like a 100% bump today from Thursday proper (8.3m) to start okay. We have no frame of reference here so I don't know if that's possible or not. 

If Croods follows Dragon it'll do 27.6m this weekend. If it follows Rio it'll do 31.6m. 

Olympus definitely got hit by Joe if it fell behind Oz. Say goodbye to 100m. 

100 was always a stretch IMO, but OHF just fell out of the top three didn't it. If it stays at around 2.2 and ends Thursday at 40+, a decent hold this weekend, it may still have a chance at 100 if it ends the weekend around 57-58M and Joe ends up with GDTDH legs.

it is doing better than the first overseas. And remember the real reason this was made. Merchandising. 

It may not do 100M DOM. It depends on the jump today.

• Founder / Operator

10.5M OD

11.8M Friday

8.8M Saturday

5.9M Sunday

35M 4 day total

This thing has a 185M production budget...

Paramount said in their e-mail this morning that it's prod budget was $130m. $185m with marketing does sound about right, though.

Edited by ShawnMR