fmpro

Weekend Estimates (Easter 2013) pg 13

I have a feeling this year will continue to fall. 

It will. Summer would be probably as strong as last year's except for one big thing: there will be no Avengers performance this year. Possibly no TDKR performance either. And fall and Holiday seasons look weaker than last year, so I see no way this year can ever catch up.

Fanboys hate these toy adaptation movies the most

They hate the movies because they dare to change things from the toy commercials/cartoons they loved when they were preteens. Quite a few fanboys would prefer it if the studios simply copied the stories that appeared in those cartoons, as unrealistic as that is. 

Flop-I-Joe? :P

You guys have to remember, the domestic numbers are not all that important. They didn't delay this so they could get huge NA numbers, they did so so they could make very big international numbers. And it looks to be working, at least so far. It's going to open north of 10 mill in Russia. And I'm sure it will be very big in many international markets. The domestic numbers are just one small market. The rest of the world awaits.
  • Like 2

This year so far has been really bad, there have only been 2 good movies so far from this year and they were Warm Bodies and Snitch

I disagree. Side Effects, Olympus, Snitch and The Call were all really good imo. Side Effects will probably be one of the best of the year.
  • Like 1