ChD

Actors/Directors that sell you the movie

Don't know if the thread title makes sense, if anyone else has a better way to put it down, please go ahead.

Basically, what actors do you trust so much that you would go watch their movies without any reviews seen, or trailers or anything else at all...?

On the top of my list is DiCaprio. That man knows how to pick his projects. Another one is Cruise, despite Rock of Ages, which most people disliked, but I enjoyed it a lot.

On the top of the directors that sell me the movie is Christopher Nolan, David Fincher, Tarantino and many others that I currently don't remember.

Right now I think only Christopher Walz can sell me the movie by his own. Maybe Hugh Jackman as well (also depending what he's playing).

But there are many directors that I will see their movies no matter what, like Cameron, Nolan, Scorsese, Fincher, Tarantino, Peter Jackson... and many more.

Edited by vc2002

I have a whole list of actors/directors/writers that can sell me on their film.Stallone (still)The RockStathamDenzelLeo DiCaprioMeryl StreepBill PaxtonRyan ReynoldsRyan GoslingJudd ApatowJudd Apatow's gang in a movie togetherSpielbergTarantinoZemekis (live action films only)CameronJoe Eszterhas (when he was writing)Mario KassarNolan

Edited by baumer

Actors: (Currently and actively working, there are old ones like Leigh, Legend Riva, and others who I have watched every single one of their films but are no longer alive, or actively working)

Goddess Meryl

Legend Swinton

Dame Mirren and Dame Dench

Isabelle Huppert

Carey Mulligan

Eddie Redmayne

Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Jeremy Irons

Directors:

Michael Haneke

Terrence Malick

Alfonso Cuaron