RyneOh1040

Weekend #s WKND BO: #42 $27.3M, #ScaryMovie5 $15.2M, Croods $13.2M GIJoe2 $10.8M

I'm not surprised. It was a huge improvement over the first and still has the best McGuffin of any of the Potters. It was also the last one that made any attempt at being a faithful adaptation.

Are you kidding me?! It's the least favorite among Potter fans. The climax is amazing, but that's about it.

Chamber of Secrets has almost every single scene from the book in the film, and Half-Blood Prince had to have quite a bit cut with a few additions - yet HBP is by very far the superior film. And it's also the more faithful adaptation. Book and movies are completely different mediums. As long as you carry the spirit of the book, keep the storyline intact, and (most importantly) do justice to the characters, then you're good. 

Sorry, but Chamber of Secrets getting an A+ CS is reason enough to ignore it for the franchise films. For fuck's sake. 

Are you kidding me?! It's the least favorite among Potter fans. The climax is amazing, but that's about it.

Chamber of Secrets has almost every single scene from the book in the film, and Half-Blood Prince had to have quite a bit cut with a few additions - yet HBP is by very far the superior film. And it's also the more faithful adaptation. Book and movies are completely different mediums. As long as you carry the spirit of the book, keep the storyline intact, and (most importantly) do justice to the characters, then you're good. 

Sorry, but Chamber of Secrets getting an A+ CS is reason enough to ignore it for the franchise films. For fuck's sake.

HBP is a terrible adaptation. If you hadn't read the book, you'd have no idea why Harry discovering the identity of the Prince is a big deal. It was totally thrown away as an "oh yeah, by the way I'm the half-blood prince" moment. But then I blame Yates for being such a mediocre director.

• Like 1

HBP is a terrible adaptation. If you hadn't read the book, you'd have no idea why Harry discovering the identity of the Prince is a big deal. It was totally thrown away as an "oh yeah, by the way I'm the half-blood prince" moment. But then I blame Yates for being such a mediocre director.

HBP is a great adaptation. Definitely have a couple of issues with it, but it's a great film. Well, the identity of the prince in the book wasn't really THAT big of a deal. The only difference was that in the book, the Prince shrieked it out. 

None of the Potter movies have been terrible adaptations. GoF is an often poor adaptation, though. 

Congrats to 42 for such a solid debut!!

I would've seen it, had two buddies that had yet to see GI Joe 2 so I went with and the 200 seater was about 70% full!!

Congrats to it for passing $100 million domestic!!!

Edited by Captain Craig

Well most people who went to see CoS would have liked the previous film, so they new what they were going to and it's hard to hate Chamber of Secrets if you liked the first movie. It's A+ CinemaScore isn't that surprising.