A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It will be lucky to gross half of what Rogue One does, and that would still be a heck of a gross for it.  

Come on people, you think this is going to do over $450m?  That is the floor for Rogue One.  

I think they're saying that would be the worldwide gross.

23 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Unless she

Hide contents

dropkicks his - if the story holds - ass into space I won't like the ending .  As it stands this a romantic movie for those who consider Twilight or 50 Shades romantic. But then they made lots and lots of money so there are lot of those people.

:P

I get your point but

Spoiler

supposing you were stuck in space for 90 years and you find that out about a guy you'd already fallen in love with, and there was no way for him to undo it no matter if he could... realistically you have two choices and one doesn't make for as good of a life for you.  The director said this movie was, in part, about forgiveness, so I am going to trust he explores the difficulties and doesn't brush them aside.

That said, I don't expect the movie to be perfect, just fantastic!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Goffe said:

not if you put into account rogue one rumors...

It's coming off the high of SW7 and it has Darth Vader, it will still open huge so even if it's legs are affected by quality.  As BvS and SS have once again shown us this year the strength of the IP and power of marketing can still make tons of money regardless of rumors, extended re shoots and rotten reviews. 

• Like 2