A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

20 Mil?. some actors are just overpaid. Actors dont sell movies anymore exception of few. never learn.

But I aint mad.Get Money J.Law. Women in HW are not paid well so take all that shit, boo.

5osawo.jpg

Edited by Dragon

20 Mil?. some actors are just overpaid. Actors dont sell movies anymore exception of few. never learn.

But I aint mad.Get Money J.Law. Women in HW are not paid well so take all that shit, boo.

From what I gather, her payday is also somewhat in compensation for not getting enough for American Hustle.

I do think Pratt's agents could have gotten him a better pay bump for JW, but hey, he's still making serious bank so it's all good.

From what I gather, her payday is also somewhat in compensation for not getting enough for American Hustle.

I do think Pratt's agents could have gotten him a better pay bump for JW, but hey, he's still making serious bank so it's all good.

Good. Amy Adams should be next

Passengers is set to begin filming in July so Sony has been under pressure to act. 

Greenlighted: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/jennifer-lawrence-chris-pratt-s-802876

@JenniferUpdates  6 min

.@THR have changed the date in their article from July to September. @empiremagazine also posted September as the filming date #Passengers

The Hollywood Reporter fixed it.

Edited by A D3 Rebel

The Hollywood Reporter fixed it.

Knew it couldn't be July. That's two weeks from now!

September is good, the original talk was October so it's good to know all this behind the scenes drama hasn't caused a delay.

I just hope Sony butts out and leaves all creative decisions to the director/producer. I have zero faith in Sony as a studio.

I'm really excited about this movie, I hope it doesn't affect Mp2 promo, tho.

Doubt that, if they start filming it will be in September, and they can take some time off to promote their film around November, possibly late October.

He'll be ok considering he's being offered...

Every lead role in existence.

I still don't see how Jurassic World confirms Pratt as a A list star.

Yes, I understand Guardians and JW were big hits, but is that really down to him, was it sold on his image like Cruise and Smith movies were during their A List peak? Guardians was sold on the Marvel brand, the unique setting and comedy vibe and the team. JW was sold on nostalgia from a previous classic hit movie and dinasaurs. It's not the same as his name being above the title of a movie with just his picture on the poster, being the lead, promoting it and carrying it past 100 mill.

All these movies confirm is that he can do a good job in those roles, but it doesn't prove he was drawing the audiences.

• Like 1

I still don't see how Jurassic World confirms Pratt as a A list star.

Yes, I understand Guardians and JW were big hits, but is that really down to him, was it sold on his image like Cruise and Smith movies were during their A List peak? Guardians was sold on the Marvel brand, the unique setting and comedy vibe and the team. JW was sold on nostalgia from a previous classic hit movie and dinasaurs. It's not the same as his name being above the title of a movie with just his picture on the poster, being the lead, promoting it and carrying it past 100 mill.

All these movies confirm is that he can do a good job in those roles, but it doesn't prove he was drawing the audiences.

He is charismatic, handsome, male, and Caucasian. If he were only three of those things (guess which one is absolutely crucial), he wouldn't be groomed and already annointed as a star by the Hollywood machine. Passengers sounds like a winner on paper, due to its stars alone, but the A-listness of its stars will be truly pit to the test here since it's not based on a hugely popular book, a comic book franchise or a classic film property. Edited by cochofles
  • Like 2

What bus the premise of this movie?

: A spacecraft transporting thousands of people to a distant planet has a malfunction in one of its sleep chambers. As a result, a single passenger is awakened 90 years before anyone else. Faced with the prospect of growing old and dying alone, he wakes up a second passenger that he's fallen in love with.

• Like 1

I'm down, potentially an opportunity for Pratt to show if he can actually play a serious character.

Was Owen not serious enough? He had a quip or two with BDH but he was serious for most of the movie.

Or his character in Moneyball?

It would be his first romantic lead, but not his first "serious" role. 

Was Owen not serious enough? He had a quip or two with BDH but he was serious for most of the movie.

Or his character in Moneyball?

It would be his first romantic lead, but not his first "serious" role.

Pratt is in Moneyball? Haven't seen it since it came out

Owen was not a serious role... Like at all.