A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

We've had some discussion here about the plot twist and why Aurora forgives Jim.  This 'extra' clip doesn't quite discuss that but does say why Jen feels Aurora might have needed to be trapped on a ship in order to find a relationship that could make her happy.

• Like 1

Bloopers!

That music is pretty dull, but there are some pretty good goofs in there.

Edit: lmao I just realized the digital is out and there's a bunch of more stuff. Ignore me.

Edited by amelin
  • Like 2

On 3/4/2017 at 3:11 PM, trifle said:

We've had some discussion here about the plot twist and why Aurora forgives Jim.  This 'extra' clip doesn't quite discuss that but does say why Jen feels Aurora might have needed to be trapped on a ship in order to find a relationship that could make her happy.

Jennifer understood the story better than the writer/director, that it was not so much about forgiving him as about Aurora finding peace with herself. They should have let her write the scene. Did a good job with improvising the script in Like Crazy.

• Like 3

Oh my good god, that deleted drunk dial scene. Yikes. 

Kinda wish we'd seen it in the movie, but then again, we already saw them hit rock bottom in the scene where she beats the crap out of him (and I think that was even better, and added more). Might not have been a good idea to linger for too long in the same phase, so to speak.

I mean, I would have liked to have seen it in the movie, but I'm not sure the pacing and balance would have benefited. If there was anything that needed to be expounded on, I think it was her movement away from hating him. So I think including the drunk dial scene might have tipped the scale in the wrong direction.

It was interesting to see, at any rate.

Edited by amelin

5 hours ago, amelin said:

Oh my good god, that deleted drunk dial scene. Yikes. 

Kinda wish we'd seen it in the movie, but then again, we already saw them hit rock bottom in the scene where she beats the crap out of him (and I think that was even better, and added more). Might not have been a good idea to linger for too long in the same phase, so to speak.

I suspect they replaced the one scene with the other.  I think it was the right move.

44 minutes ago, amelin said:

I mean, I would have liked to have seen it in the movie, but I'm not sure the pacing and balance would have benefited. If there was anything that needed to be expounded on, I think it was her movement away from hating him. So I think including the drunk dial scene might have tipped the scale in the wrong direction.

It was interesting to see, at any rate.

I agree, we needed to see more of the movement away, and the hammock scene they cut out showing them, older, living together happily might have been good too. It was that last phase of them coming back together that was abrupt.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1